Smush Shows a Negative number of images

On this site, we've run Smush for a while now and decided to enable the "super smush" option to try and get our images to fit Google's guidelines. I noticed, just before enabling the option, that the images showed a negative number (I thought that was odd). I went ahead and super-smushed and, sure enough, the number is still negative (see screenshot). My smushed attachements are now larger than the files in the site. We're also getting gripes from Google still which makes me wonder if there isn't something wrong or some setting I have set wrong. Any help is appreciated.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Brand Shouter ,

Hope you're doing well today!

This is a strange issue and we would like to investigate it further.

1) Can you enable the debug flags in your wp-config.php to see if was saved any related error?

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

It will be saved to a debug.log file inside the "wp-content" folder. Can you share it with us?

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Note: Save the file as a .txt, because the .log extension is not allowed in the attachments.

2) Are you able to make a plugin conflict test? Disable all plugins (except WP Smush) and try a "bulk smush" again.

3) Also, can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can give a look?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

• Brand Shouter
    • Flash Drive

I've enabled support access.

I've selectively disabled a few plugins to test this out but since this is a live site for a client, I can't pull down all of the plugins without disturbing their business.

The logs show a lot of problems from the AMP plugin and Accelerated Mobile Pages plugin (AMP by automattic and the other is a third party addon). Disabling both of those invented a problem with another plugin so I'm not certain they are actually the cause of anything. The log file is attached.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Brand Shouter ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I am not sure if this issue can be related with WP Retina 2x. I already pinged the developer to get your valuable feedback about this. I will update this topic once I got a reply.

Also, can you please re-upload the debug.log, seems that it was not uploaded properly.

Note: Save the file as a .txt, because the .log extension is not allowed in the attachments.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.