Smush - Slow to smush!? :)

Dear All,

I have a site with 6000+ images that needs smushing! :slight_smile: I choose super smush, to make sure the are well-optimized... Problem is that the plugin smushes 1 picture at a time, and this takes up an insanely long time? I started yesterday at night, and in the morning it had barely smushed 35%?

- What am I doing wrong?

Ps. My webhotel is pretty good..! :slight_smile:

• Luís

Hi Mehmet ,

Hope you're doing well today!

When you do a "smush", Smush Pro sends your images to our server and them the images are returned to your sever as "smushed images". So, the speed of this process will depend on the server load and the communication speed between both servers.

So, if we need 5 seconds to smush an image and as you have 6000, it will be 6000 * 5 = 30000 seconds ( 500 minutes -> 8 hous aproximately).

However, the time you mentioned should be enough, at least to smush an higher percentage. As you enabled the Support Access, I am testing this on your website and until finish this reply, the proccess seems to run properly and will still looking at it and will update this topic when I got more information.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.