WP Smush Pro Speed updates - Important information

Hey everyone,

We released version 1.1 of WP Smush Pro yesterday, introducing our new Smush API, that allows to you smush your images at a much faster rate!

If you have our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed on your site, you can update to version 1.1 by going to:

WPMU DEV -> Updates

And updating from there. :slight_smile:

If you've got a bulk smush already in progress, you'll want to go to:

Media -> WP Smush Pro

And at the bottom of the page, you'll now notice a reset link that'll allow you to restart the smushing process with our new API (see screenshot below).

Just click on that, confirm the reset, and then start the request anew.

Thank you for your patience whilst we optimised our service after a spike in demand. Happy Smushing! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
Michael

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

previously if i uploaded a bunch of photos and immediately clicked on wp smash pro,
    i would see the progress in % but now its always complete.
    it other words it seems to smush a hugh number of images very fast, instantly in fact !

had some error messages on wpengine which i reported here but all seemed to work really well for me since 1.0.2
    now it not only works perfectly but "INSTANTLY" !

i know some people had issues and i could just imagine the abuse users would have thrown at those servers smushing all day long (lets be truthful, its kinda fun to smush).
    the idea that one can simply and quickly optimise images with a click and without photoshop and save space, make a site faster, this thing can get addictive very fast.

you guys really answered the call by upgrading your servers/API or whatever.
    amazing stuff !!!

• Louise
    • New Recruit

I just installed and used Pro however my server is telling me there is an error
    Wed Apr 01 20:00:36.128842 2015] [:error] [pid 3251] [client 45.55.177.4:24866] PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /nas/wp/www/cluster-40100/st0remaxair2/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro/classes/smush/class-wp-smpro-fetch.php on line 333, referer: https://www.maxairnosecones.com
    Can you advise how to fix, or now that I have smushed images, can I just remove the plugin until I need it again?
    Thank you

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Louise! :slight_smile:

When does that error seem to come up? Is it only when you fetch images, or does it seem to come up in other cases as well?

Looking at the code on the line referenced in the error, I'm curious as to whether there might be a conflict here, have you had a go at our basic troubleshooting flowchart? You can find that at the bottom of our Getting Support page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.