Smush unable to optimize product image

I’m uploading woocommerce product through rest API and it seems Smush can’t optimize those images. Though S3 works well.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Victor,

I could notice if I manually upload an image via the Media Library in your website, and also when adding the images to a WooCommerce product it does seem to work fine, and Smush does optimize such images.

By default, Smush Pro can only optimize and recognize images uploaded via the Media Library. Just to be sure, was it an import or any specific hooks were used via Rest API?

Did you use custom code, or were the WooCommerc products uploaded via a plugin? If it’s a custom code, please do share the code, and steps performed so that we could have a better idea, and check whether there is anything that could be done regarding this.

Looking forward to your response, so that we could check further. Have a nice day ahead.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the info, I have brought this into our team’s attention, so that we could further run the test, and see what could be causing this. Our developer also would like to confirm whether there are any specific steps to replicate the issue? That’s, just use the standard REST API for WooCommerce, and once the images are imported, it doesn’t get optimized, right?

Please do advise, if we are missing out anything specific, so that we could ensure it’s looked upon asap. Will keep you posted once I get further feedback regarding the status asap.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Victor,

On further checking regrading this, we could replicate the same issue in our side as well. I’m afraid, at the moment Smush doesn’t support the WooCommerce Rest API out of the box, and it would require custom development to make it work out of the box. Running Bulk Smush should work if the images are hosted in the local server since you are using S3 location that won’t help much in this case too.

We have already raised this into Smush Teams attention, and are looking at the possibilities of implementing this feature down the plugin’s roadmap in a future release. There isn’t any exact ETA but can confirm that our developers do understand this scenario, and is looking forward to bring this into effect down the road.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.