Smushing thumbnail images

Hi, I have recently smushed all of my images which was a great start but I have an issue. My own Theme uses thumbnail sizes of 500x500px and it seems that the images on the homepage (500x500px) aren’t being smushed. How do I go about re-smushing these?

I have already resized thumbnails using the regenerate thumbnail plugin.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tim

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi Tim

Hope you are doing fine today!

First of all, could you go to the Media > WP Smush and make sure that needed thumbnails are checked in the “The following image sizes will be optimized by WP Smush:” option

Could you also grant us temporary support access to your website so we can have a better look at your setup and settings? You can grant us access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, there’s no need to share credentials. Here’s our detailed documentation page about it:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Don’t forget to let us know when you’ll do it.

If you have any additional questions please let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Katya

• Tim
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

All good here Katya. You?

I'm pretty new to wpmudev and looking to purchase a monthly subscription when my free one runs out.

I am just doing another bulk smush as it said there were images still untouched even though I have been through this process already. Bit odd.

Proof that thumbnails have been included attached. I have granted access by the way but it might be worth waiting until the smush has finished.

I will let you know once complete.

Thanks,

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi Tim

I'm fine, thank you :slight_smile:

I've checked your site, and I can confirm that thumbnails aren't smushed. I also note that WP Smush doesn't work properly on your site. There should be a report in your library about results of smushing as on screenshots, but I can't see it on your site.

It might be some plugin conflict here. You need to disable all plugins except Smush Pro and try to re-smush images. To be able to re-smush them you need to make some changes in your settings, like include original image and then it will allow you to re-smush it. I also would recommend you to set max height and max width of images in "Resize original images" option.

If it not helps, you can re-install the plugin.

I recommend you to smush individual image for testing (you can do it in your Media > Library) because with bulk smushing it takes you a lot of time. If everything works properly and there is a report about smushing in your library (as on screenshots), then we need to continue our test. You need to enable plugins one by one, smush images each time and see if it works. In that way, we can find which of plugins cause this issue. I suppose that it could be one of the plugins that relate to Media, but I can't tell it for sure.

Let me know about results.

Kind regards,

Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.