Smushit image compression

Hello. I am using smush it to compress my images, however, how can I be certain that WP is using those compressed images vs my original sized images? Ex. the first picture on my homepage is originally 2mb. However, smushit has reduced that size dramatically within the different image size options. But my performance test indicates I need to compress it further. Can you help?

• Nastia

Hello Scotty

Hope all is well!

I've analyzed your site with Page Speed Insight, and looks like some original images are not resized and some of them needs to be resized. Please first make sure that the following options are enabled in WP Smush settings
    - Super-smush my images
    - Resize my full size images ( add suggested dimensions)
    - Smush my original full-size images

If not, please enable these options and run bulk smush again. Optionally enable "Make a copy of my full size images" to keep a back from original images, in case you wish to revert back the changes

On the front page of your site, under Recipes section, the theme is loading images in natural size 681x1024px, while actually showing images in 270x406px dimensions.

These images need to be replaced with a resized 270x406px version to improve Performance Report. This I am afraid needs to be done manually.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.