SmushPro gives incorrect image statistics - does not Smush

I have a problem smushing images - smushing rating is 25% right now (on HummingBird). When I try to configure smushit, I get the following

1811 / 1570 images smushed and WP Smush Pro is actually set up - running a bulk smush doesn't do anything ... wondering whether this can be fixed?

I have also granted access to the installation right now.

Cheers
David

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey David,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

Hummingbird report is showing because you have Original size images used on your site however in Smush settings you have disabled optimization of original image.

Can you go to Media > WP Smush and enable "Include my original full-size images" option, save the settings and then perform the bulk smush again.

Let us know when it's done so we can check both HB report and Smush stats.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi David,

Yes, if you enable "Make a copy of my original images" option all your images will have backup created, original images and thumbnails.
    Each image will be duplicated before smushing and original image will be renamed to include bak in its name, like this image.bak.jpg.

Let's say you're uploading image.jpg and you have two thumbnail sizes registered on your site, 150x150 and 300x300 pixels.
    When upload is finished you will end up with three images like this:

image.jpg
    image-150x150.jpg
    image-300x300.jpg

Now, if you perform bulk smush and you have backups enabled you will end up with six images, like this:

image.jpg
    image-150x150.jpg
    image-300x300.jpg
    image.bak.jpg
    image-150x150.bak.jpg
    image-300x300.bak.jpg

First three are the optimized images and last three are the original files.

Hope this clears things up :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.