SmushPro & Hummingbird

Hi,
I opened support access on my website and leave the following message 4 days ago and still no visit nor response and of course no solution...

«Hi,
HummingBird tells me to improve image compression and to that end to use SmushPro. SmushPro is active and reports that all images are optimized, HummingBird keeps asking... What shall I do ? Is it a bug in HummingBird or SmushPro ? I have the same problem on several of my sites. Hummingbird score suddenly dropped a few version back, but the images didn't changed, so is it a new rule that Hummingbird knows but the SmushPro doesn't ?»

• Dimitris

Hey there Didier,

hope you're doing good! :slight_smile:

I opened support access on my website and leave the following message 4 days ago and still no visit nor response and of course no solution...

I'm sorry for the lost time here, but please keep in mind that we don't get any notification that you grant us support access to your website(s) or when you use the "support notes" section. For that, you should create a new thread here with us and further explain your issue. Then a representative from our support team will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
    References:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-1
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Having said that, I inspected your HB Performance Report and got the followings:

The second section includes images that aren't hosted in your server (tripadvisor.com) so can't be optimized.
    The first section includes images that's from your own server and should be further optimized though.
    These under the /wp-content/uploads/ are being used in its full size so you have to select "Include my original full-size images" in Smush settings.
    For those files outside the uploads folder, you should smush them using the "Directory Smush" and selecting the appropriate folder, like /wp-content/plugins/awesome-weather-pro/.

Feel free to make these changes, bulk smush once more, perform a fresh test in HummingBird and let us know about your results!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.