snapshot

It appears that you can only choose mirror when using dropbox for snapshots.

A regular zip snapshot will not work.

Is this correct?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings MarketUS,

Thank you for the great question and not having an account with Dropbox I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@marketus, Yes, this is correct. Just as stated within Snapshot.

Dropbox support a specific API for mirroring at the individual file level. Dropbox provide automatic versioning on each file changed. This is a big saving since Snapshot can sync files and folder instead or creating large zip files which include wasted space from many files which have not changed.

For non-mirroring Snapshot builds a zip file of the database tables and files selected and pushes these to Dropbox. Since a unique zip archive is created for each Snapshot run these are not mirrored like the other method.

Clear?

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Docs?? Try the actual plugin interface (see image)

Yeah, we will be adding Google drive. Not sure on sky drive. There are dozens or cloud-based systems out there. We can't possibly support them all. This is all driven by user request. We have had about a dozen request for Google Drive and Rackspace support. So these are coming. Have not seem any question for Sky Drive.

Marking as resolve.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.