Snapshot 405 Not Allowed nginx/1.8.1 when include files for backup

Hi,

I use the latest SNAPSHOT...Version 2.5.0.1 with latest WP.

When I includes files for in the backup I keep getting "405 Not Allowed nginx/1.8.1" when getting to files process.

I tested it out when not include files it works.

Please let me know it could be bugs.

JSon

• Rupok

Hi ewow

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Can you please confirm your file permission is set properly and if you are using local storage of your server? I could tell you better about the issue if I could see the debug log and server log.

Can you turn on debug mode in WordPress before trying to take a backup again? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Past errors here. If file is very long, please paste them to a text file and attach with your reply.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• ewow

Hi Rupok,

Thank for your reply.

Hope you had a wonderful day!

I tries as suggested by adding the following lines of codes to wp-config.php.

`define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

I rerun the backup, however, same problem persist. Then as you suggested to locate error logs in /wp-content/directory but I can not find 'directory' under /wp-content/ nor debug.log log file as mention in /wp-content/.

Thanks,
    JSon

• Ash

Hello ewow

This is your nginx configuration issue. Would you please add this line in your ocnfig?

error_page  405     =200 $uri;

For example:

server {
        listen       80;
        server_name  localhost;

location / {
            root   html;
            index  index.html index.htm;
        }

error_page  404     /404.html;
        error_page  403     /403.html;

# To allow POST on static pages
        error_page  405     =200 $uri;

# ...
    }

If you are unsure of how to do that, please contact your host and they should be able to help you with this.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• ewow

Unfortunately, hosting refuses to help with third party plugin support.

Any other way around it because I'm still experiencing error with Snapshot?

Wouldn't Snapshot developer make sure it works with normal server environment anyway?

Snapshot was working before with the same server environment. I'm still with the same hosting before when it was working just fine.

Maybe there something developer should look at that it should work on any normal, general, average server configuration.

I'm out of options because most hosting providers nowadays will not provide support for third party plugins. Thus, it leaves the job for plugin developer to make sure it works on all server types.

Please advice I'm stuck.

THANKS,
    JSON

• Ash

Hello JSON

Wouldn't Snapshot developer make sure it works with normal server environment anyway?

Snapshot was working before with the same server environment. I'm still with the same hosting before when it was working just fine.

As you already experienced and I can confirm the plugin works fine in normal server environment. I believe recently, your server made some tweaks in their configuration and they have a customized setup.

Currently, the plugin works well in standard apache and nginx server.

That being said, is it possible for you to test the plugin in another server? If you have any other shared hosting or vps?

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.