snapshot and content copier do not copy images

hey. I'm wanting to copy pages and posts, including IMAGES from one site to another.

'Content Copier' is not working properly. I click on 'include images' and they don't copy over.

Also, attempts to use 'Snapshot' have also been unsuccessful. I want the ability to save an entire site, all posts, all pages, plug-ins, theme, and UPLOADS and then install that into another site. This is not functioning.

I am unclear as to the differing functions of 'Content Copier', 'Snapshot' and 'Clone' for these reasons.

thank You in advance

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Griffin, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

I'm wanting to copy pages and posts, including IMAGES from one site to another.

I want the ability to save an entire site, all posts, all pages, plug-ins, theme, and UPLOADS and then install that into another site. This is not functioning.

Could you mention what type of site you're looking to copy from, and what type of site you're looking to copy to?

Since you mentioned Multisite Content Copier & Cloner, it sounds like you're talking about a Multisite install, yet you say "an entire site", so it sounds like you're trying to migrate either:

- an entire Multisite install (which Snapshot would come the closest to doing, though it would only allow you to back up one site at a time, not the entire Multisite),
    - or, an entire single site install

Please advise,
    Michael

• Griffin

Here's the information:

I have a multisite called 'intothemythica.com'.

I have sub-sites within that multisite.

I wish to SNAPSHOT or CONTENT COPY from one of those subsites into a) another sub-site in the same multisite, and/or b) a sub-site of a different multisite.

When I try to COPY CONTENT from within the current multisite, it doesn't copy over images. I wish to fix this.

Once that is understood, I wish to understand how to create a SNAPSHOT of a site within the current multisite and then import that site into a new multisite

• Ash

Hello @Griffin

I hope you are well today.

When I try to COPY CONTENT from within the current multisite, it doesn't copy over images.

Would you please try cloner plugin? This plugin will help you to create a whole replica of a subsite.

Content copier plugin just copies the content (including images) into another subsite, not the settings.

Snapshot should be a good option to copy a subsite, but honestly I never tried it in same multisite. To import a subsite from a multisite and to import into another multisite, snapshot should be best option. If you use snapshot for different multisite, do you have the same problem that images are not copied?

If yes, who is your host? Do you have any security plugin installed?

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.