snapshot and large object on amazon s3

Hello,

I have just a question before opening an account with amazon S3 and use snapshot. I have seen on amazon than limit for upload is 5GB per file . To upload a larger file (but they advise to do that from 100MB), need to use a multipart API.

I just wondering if it was integrated in snapshot or something we have to do on amazon server?

Another question with snapshot. If my server completely crash and I have to reinstall linux blabla everything or have to change disk, does snapshot recognize the "old" back up on backup server? or it will be an unknown file for him.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Ludovic, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

While I'm not 100% sure if Snapshot supports multipart uploading, you shouldn't run into any file size issues with uploading snapshots (unless for some reason you end up with one gigantic snapshot, which seems unlikely).

If my server completely crash and I have to reinstall linux blabla everything or have to change disk, does snapshot recognize the "old" back up on backup server? or it will be an unknown file for him.

As long as Snapshot is aware of the backup destination, you shouldn't have any problems with importing your backup. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.