Snapshot and Managed backup fails with 500 server error

Managed Backups and Snapshot of files (only files - database works fine) are failing with 500 internal server error in browser console on admin-ajax.php file
In error_logs there is this:

[Sat Nov 04 20:30:42.399434 2017] [core:error] [pid 25909] [client 109:50039] End of script output before headers: admin-ajax.php, referer: https://site.net/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=snapshot_pro_managed_backups&snapshot-action=backup

Same error shows for the Snapshots.

We need Second Line Developers to look at this.

• Nithin

Hello Arom77,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

This ticket has been escalated to our SLS team(Second Level Support), they will be giving a closer look regarding this. Please do note that SLS works round the clock with many critical issues, and hence have a slow response time.

Will keep you posted with the findings in the support ticket asap. Have a great weekend ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Arom77

I hope you are doing great today. I am sorry that Snapshot was not working for you and sorry for all the inconveniences that this may have caused.

I have looked into this issue and made some configuration changes on your site. I have changed a few things in your wp-config.php file and tested Snapshot a couple of times. I was then able to generate a regular Snapshot in "Snapshot > Snapshots" page.

I am still looking into the Managed Backups issue as it seems to fail instantly but without errors in debug log. I will update here as soon as I find something. What I have found so far is that Snapshot will fail when creating a Snapshot and a Managed Backup simultaneously. The whole website fails to respond for some time. This gives me a clue that this is a resource usage on the server itself which means it cannot run resource needy operations simultaneously. This could happen if the site is receiving high traffic or when performing some tasks that require a lot of resources.

If you are creating Snapshots please make sure Managed Backup is not running at that time otherwise they will both fail due to server resource limits.

Would you please check why your FTP is giving me issues lately, it was working fine before but today I am getting this error:

Error:	Connection timed out after 120 seconds of inactivity
    Error:	Failed to retrieve directory listing

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Arom77

I hope you are doing great today. We haven't got any reply from you regarding this issue.

I was just checking to see if you still need help with this issue or not. I was still waiting for your response about FTP Access and now I can't access your website's admin using the login you shared, I get the the following error when I try to login:

Désolé, vous n’avez pas l’autorisation d’accéder à cette page.

Which means I do not have access to that page. If you still need help please double check the login details and grant the proper role for the WordPress user and then let us know. We are always happy to help in anyway possible.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.