snapshot backed up the media folder but no theme or plugins

I am trying to back up a site to give to my client for placement on a new server. I used Snapshot and told it to back everything up including the theme and the plugins. When I tried to restore it to a test install on another server it appeared to be doing something but when it was done there was no new content in posts, pages, media, themes or plugins.

When I look at the zip file that snapshot created it is basically a backup of the media folder with a text file outlining the parameters of the backup.

So, the restore didn't even work a little bit and the backup didn't either. What might I be doing wrong?

Note: the snapshot was created from a sub-site of a multisite install - the restore is to a single site install.

• oncourssadmin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Luis, I am pretty certain that i had that field checked off, that is why I expected all plugins and the theme to be backed up. I am running the process again now to be certain and will report back.

This does not solve the problem of the backup simply not restoring anything - not even the media that I can confirm did get included in the archive.

• oncourssadmin

Hi Luis, support access has been granted.

Note: I have tried to provide access via this method before and it did not work so I created a super-admin user for your team, I can send those details if you can provide me with a method to send a private message.

At this point I have already had to back up the site manually which is pretty disappointing but I would like to be able to use this tool into the future so getting it fixed is still a priority for me.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @oncourssadmin,

I hope had been good today!

I was able to do a backup including all files (I think), but I was unable to download and test it in my install.

Can you send us the FTP access of your server? And what website your are trying to backup?

Please send it privately through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Luís Lopes"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

Cheers, Luís

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @oncourssadmin,

I hope had been good today!

I flagged the SLS team (our code experts :slight_smile: ) to investigate further or get their valuable feedback.

Since this team deals with more advanced threads it may take them longer to reply.

Please, send your Network admin access too (username and password) using the same method described in the above reply.

Cheers, Luís

• oncourssadmin

Hi Luis, the access credentials I gave you already included super-admin access. Are you looking for something different?

I can appreciate that this level of investigation is naturally going to take a little longer than basic support - it just seems as though every time I really need one of our plugins to work as expected it seems to fail and I am left scrambling to find another option (most recently see my previous thread re: marketpress https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pagepost-visual-editor-seems-to-stop-working-when-marketpress-is-enabled#post-965771 ). If I weren't paying so much for premium support then it would not be as much of an issue for me.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @oncourssadmin,

I apologize for the issues you having found.

I missed some information in the previous reply.

Regarding to plugins and themes, it only happen when the main site is backed up. You need to back those up separately (basically do a backup of the main site, making sure to ?_only_? back up themes & plugins, nothing else).

Regarding to post, pages and media files, we are trying to understand why they are missing.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.