Snapshot Backup Error

An unknown response returned from Snapshot backup attempt. Aborting. Double check Snapshot settings.

I've been trying to export a backup of the entire multisite but am having an issue where snapshot seems to be constantly erroring out once it hits plugins. I had managed to complete a snapshot but it was missing the manifest.txt file when I exported it and seemed like it was much too small to be a full restore.

I have granted support access via WPMU DEV Dashboard.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jason,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have accessed your site and I can see a single snapshot completed there.

The "manifest error" occurs when you snapshot archive so I assume you were trying to restore it to other WP install, is that correct? Would you mind granting me an access to that other site - where you are trying to restore snapshot to - too, please?

I downloaded your backup file and tried to import it to my own Multisite and that went fine - no "manifest" error. That's why I would like to check your site too.

As for backup size. Snapshots on Multisite include only selected "blog" (site) - it can be main site (like in this case) or one of the sub-sites. It's not entire Multisite. Also, this snapshot now is set to include all files but seems like previously it was set to include media files only as the "/wp-content/uploads" folder is the only content included.

Let me know when I can access this other site, please,

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jason!

Thank you for your replay though I'm a bit lost now :slight_frown:

The site that you linked to loads fine but I can't see it anywhere on your registered domains list. There's another site (domain name starting with "da...", a Multisite) that's got access granted to but I guess it's not that one and a support access to it doesn't work either (I got IIS error).

I'm sorry for bothering you with this again but it's really important for me to be able to check that "target" site from inside too and I'd rather avoid any mistakes/misunderstandings :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jason

Adam,
    I've kinda gotten around this issue now.. I'm not sure why its not getting the manifest file in the root snapshot though.. however I've ran into a new issue that still pertains to snap shot.. The site that I'm exporting from (the one you've been able to connect to previously) is not exporting the files anymore.. for some reason snapshot is just skipping files.. do you have any idea why this might be?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jason!

Since it's a bit different issue could you please start a separate thread about it on our Support Forum please? You may do this here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

We ask all Members to try to keep issues in separate tickets as it lets us all (you, other members and support staff) track information better and we can help you faster and with more accuracy. It would be great then if you could open a new ticket for that.

As for initial issue. I'm glad you found workaround but in case you needed more assistance with it or had additional questions, please feel free to re-open this ticket/post here again and I'll be more than happy to work with you on that.

Have a nice day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.