[Snapshot] Backup Failing

Managed backups are not being uploaded to the cloud. They are finishing properly, but are kept locally instead of being uploaded to WPMUDEV cloud.

• Michael
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Clay,

There might be couple reasons. First, maybe pretty obvious. do you have free space left on wpmudev? By default there is 10GB.. that’s much and not so much, depending on the website or websites and the frequency of generated backup points.

Second reason, might be associated with the connectivity between your hosting company and wpmudev servers. Not very likely but there is always slight chance.

Another reason (more likely) might be that the server while generating the backup point at local stage is getting timeout near the end. Then you can see it saved as local which is not really true because it’s not full and might contain errors as an archive and that’s why it was not uploaded into wpmudev cloud.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Clay Hess,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

On further troubleshooting, the issue is with having low storage space in the Managed Backup, and hence preventing upload to Hub.

[Remote][2019-05-01 18:34:25][Info] Not enough space for upload, attempting cleanup
    [Remote][2019-05-01 18:34:25][Info] Enter backup rotation

I’m afraid, you’ll have to free some space in the Managed Backup cloud for the newly created Managed Backup to get uploaded. Or you can increase the Managed Backup storage via the following link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/account/#dash2-modal-add-storage

Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Clay Hess,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I ran a new Manual Managed Backup, and it worked fine.

Please advise if I'm missing out anything. Also, the debug.log file size of more than 1.2 GB, which isn't required to be included in the backup. I have excluded that under Snapshot > Settings > Global File Exclusions.

Please do check and let us know if you still have issues with creating backups. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.