[SNAPSHOT] backup fails at 34%

When I try to make backup it fails at 34%.
From process of backup it is look like it fails at this folder
/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/
Also managed backup fails after 2min.

I'd like to be able to fix this issue on my own without waiting for support each time. We have about 5 other sites to add to this account.
Thank you.

• Ash

Hello Chris

Do you have too many media files in /wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ folder? Or is there any file that is big?

It seems it takes much time to process this folder and if the folder is big, that's logical. It actually depends on the execution time on your server. So if the folder is big, then what happens if you back them up separately, so it's just backup the media folder only, exclude plugins & themes?

Let us know if it works by then. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Chris

2017/01
    123 MB Total
    1923 Files
    The biggest file is 2 megs, the rest are less than .5 megs.

I backed up all but the media folder, it was successful.
    This issue is directly related to the 2017/01 folder, I can't imagine why 123 megs would be too big for your tool to handle...

I can't get the size down anymore (already optimized) and the images are linked to articles on his website thus I am unable to delete.

Please advise on what the next steps should be.

• Nithin

Hi Chris,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I could notice your site is running on PHP version 5.6, is it possible to update PHP version to 7, or greater version in your system? PHP 7+ versions is much faster, and it would help with improving the overall performance of your site.

You can check with your hosting provider to upgrade the PHP version, and please do let us know if it's possible to update. Other than that the server resources do look fine.

I tested further, and could notice the issue with both the regular Snapshot, and the Managed Backups as stated. Tried enabling debug logs, but I'm afraid, it isn't giving much of a clue regarding the issue.

Snapshot seems to time out, and isn't able to process the /uploads folder, as a workaround you could exclude the /uploads folder while taking a Snapshot, and manually take the /uploads as a separate copy, so that you could manually copy the /uploads folder when needed during restore.

I do understand this isn't a clean workflow, and was recommend for any quick use case, so I'm also checking further with our Second Level Support(SLS) team, and bringing this into their attention, so they could troubleshoot this extensively, and see why the backup is timing out when the uploads folder is reached, and also check further regarding the Managed Backups too.

Please do note that SLS team works on many complex issue, and have a slow response time, we'll get back to you asap once it's troubleshooted extensively in the serve side.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.