Snapshot backup file can't be restored, 500 error

The backup file created manually, can't be restored on another site. All files/tables can be restored except the wp-options table. This makes the site restore/appearance incomplete.

• James Morris

Hello absolutewd,

I hope you are well today. I'll be following up with you regarding your chat.

I've taken a look at your site and server and it seems there's been some continued work on this site since your chat as I'm seeing there are a few things not quite right, but some of the things mentioned in chat are now corrected.

I understand this is a migration from one domain to another. Is there any other change being done other than changing the domain name? Or, are you attempting to setup a staging/development site on a different domain name?

I ask because changing the domain name can be accomplished in about 10 minutes using the instructions locate here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

However, if you're wanting to setup a staging/development site, this still can be sorted out fairly quickly. If the new site is to be an exact duplicate of the original, may I have permission to start the process from scratch using Snapshot? Of course, I will make a full backup of the existing as a fallback.

A couple notes about my observations at this point:
    - Your php.ini configuration was allocating more resources to the site than the server could realistically handle. This can actually cause more problems. I've reduced the resources to a more manageable level.
    - Your wp-config.php had directives in it that were conflicting. Thus, WordPress was having trouble determining the proper amount of resources to allocate.

I've corrected these on the new site.

The reason I would like to attempt this migration from the beginning is I'm noticing some missing assets, such as images. I don't believe all assets (other than the wp_options) table were correctly migrated.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. I will hold until I hear back from you. I'll be happy to get you sorted out as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello absolutewd,

Thank you for the clarification. I'm terribly sorry for the delay, but unfortunately the username/password for the sites that was provided via chat is not working correctly. Also, Support Access has expired on both sites.

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your sites?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information for your site:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello absolutewd,

Thank you for getting that information to me. I was able to get Snapshot working on your sites.

What I found was:
    * PHP configuration was not optimal and was causing high server load
    * There were many abandoned files (some exceeding 900MB) that were bogging the Snapshot process down. These have been moved to /home/{user}/wpmudev-moved
    * There were numerous .git* files that needed removed

I've corrected these issues and mirrored the original site over to the dev site.

Let us know if you have any further issues. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris