Snapshot backup issue WP multisite

how can I get a manual backup of my wordpress site? The snapshot pro seems to have an issue with my multisite install.

• Nithin

Hi Renaat,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

how can I get a manual backup of my wordpress site?

You can create a manual backup by going to Snapshots > Add New, and by creating a new snapshot. Please do note that Snapshot cannot backup an entire multisite, you'll have to create separate backups for each subsites.

To perform a full backup of you entire website, you'll have to perform Managed Backups, located under Snapshots > Managed Backups

The snapshot pro seems to have an issue with my multisite install.

Could you please explain what exact issue you notice in your multisite, if you still have issues with taking a Snapshot, would recommend you to enable debug mode.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please try to perform a new backup. If the backup fails, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Rupok

Hi Renaat,

Thanks for sharing the debug log file. Unfortunately I can't see any specific error there which might be causing this. I could ask you to enable logging for snapshots specifically, but as you have granted Support Access, I can check this on behalf of you if you want. That will facilitate the troubleshooting process I believe.

However, I'm not sure which site shall I try to backup. Can you please specify which sub-site you were trying to take backup of? Or were you trying to take managed backup? Can you please confirm?

We will jump in as soon as you confirm and will try to resolve the issue with shortest possible time.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Renaat,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your website, and ran the Managed backup. I was able to notice what you have mentioned, and it doesn't seem to move past the initial step.

However, I was able to notice that the admin-ajax.php was throwing 404 error in the console, and hence the plugin is not able to perform successfully.

To be sure whether any other plugin is causing this, would recommend you to disable all the other plugins except Snapshot, and check whether it helps. This should help in ruling out whether any other plugin is causing any conflict.

If you still have issues in taking Managed backups even after following the above steps, would recommend you to get in touch with your hosting provider, and ask them to check the server logs to see whether anything is blocking the ajax requests.

Please let us know what your service provider has to say about this, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin