Snapshot backups failed

Tried a backup last night (when I wasnt editing, it failed again). In what may be a related issue, I have a sketch site nellyer.co.uk and the backups have failed to run over the last 2 weeks. The site is extremely small, has no traffic. Wondering if there is an issue with the plugin?

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Elektraman-

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with our snapshot plugin. I saw that you provided FTP credentials, thank you for that. Generally if memory allocation is no longer the issue, it is most likely due to a max_exec_time and the server timing out. Some things you can try with snapshot are:

1. If you have a dedicated server and access to the cpanel, you can edit your php.ini. Adding a php.ini does not always overwrite host settings. If you have a WHM, then you may need to adjust your php.ini settings through there as well.

2. You can modify your php.ini file with this line of code:

upload_max_filesize = 1000M
    post_max_size = 2000M
    memory_limit = 3000M
    file_uploads = On
    max_execution_time = 300

3. You can also try modifying your .htaccess with this line of code:

php_value upload_max_filesize 1000M
    php_value post_max_size 2000M
    php_value memory_limit 3000M
    php_value max_execution_time 300
    php_value max_input_time 180

4. Try reducing chunksizes, to prevent the server from timing out, you can add this line of code in your wp-config.php file:

define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_LARGE_FILE_SIZE', 104857600);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 10); //default is (250);
    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100); //(default is 1000);

You can monitor your changes VIA the WPMU DEV Dashboard in your wordpress admin. Go to WPMU DEV > Support > Click the "System Info" button, to see your current php settings.
    If you would like additional assistance, please provide any WHM, or cpanel login credentials through our private form and I can look into it further for you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Please visit our private Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: Ken Kimbrell"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url