Snapshot backups failed

Tried a backup last night (when I wasnt editing, it failed again). In what may be a related issue, I have a sketch site nellyer.co.uk and the backups have failed to run over the last 2 weeks. The site is extremely small, has no traffic. Wondering if there is an issue with the plugin?

• Ken Kimbrell
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Elektraman-

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with our snapshot plugin. I saw that you provided FTP credentials, thank you for that. Generally if memory allocation is no longer the issue, it is most likely due to a max_exec_time and the server timing out. Some things you can try with snapshot are:

1. If you have a dedicated server and access to the cpanel, you can edit your php.ini. Adding a php.ini does not always overwrite host settings. If you have a WHM, then you may need to adjust your php.ini settings through there as well.

2. You can modify your php.ini file with this line of code:

upload_max_filesize = 1000M
    post_max_size = 2000M
    memory_limit = 3000M
    file_uploads = On
    max_execution_time = 300

3. You can also try modifying your .htaccess with this line of code:

php_value upload_max_filesize 1000M
    php_value post_max_size 2000M
    php_value memory_limit 3000M
    php_value max_execution_time 300
    php_value max_input_time 180

4. Try reducing chunksizes, to prevent the server from timing out, you can add this line of code in your wp-config.php file:

define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_LARGE_FILE_SIZE', 104857600);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 10); //default is (250);
    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100); //(default is 1000);

You can monitor your changes VIA the WPMU DEV Dashboard in your wordpress admin. Go to WPMU DEV > Support > Click the "System Info" button, to see your current php settings.
    If you would like additional assistance, please provide any WHM, or cpanel login credentials through our private form and I can look into it further for you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Please visit our private Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: Ken Kimbrell"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)
    ------

Let me know how I can help!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Elektraman
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi

Tried all the above and wasn't getting far. Then i noticed that none of my sites plugins were updating from the dashboard. Updated dashboard to 4.3.1 (from 4.3) and suddenly was able to update plugins..will retest backups tomorrow.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.