snapshot cannot save to dropbox

Hello,
I want to save my backup to dropbox but the snapshot plugin don't work. It only show "pending" (more 18 hours ).
Please help me check and correct it.
Thanks

• Milan

Hi @tonyle,

Hope you are doing good.

Problem you've mentioned may be raised by bad configuration too.

I've tested on my sandbox site. Everything is working fine without an single issue.
    As you haven't enabled support staff login access I can't figure out what's going on your server.

Try to view what logs are saying. You can view log just at archive column of single snapshot which you can find under All snapshots . See attachment for more detail.

Please do enable support login so I can assist you further with this..

Regards,
    Milan Savaliya
    Support Staff( WPMUDEV )

• Milan

Hi @tonyle,

Thanks for enabling support staff login. :slight_smile:

I've took a look at your site and checked configuration. It seems that everything is fine except on your host WordPress Cron scheduler (WP_CRON) is disabled.

When I edited your one of the snapshot I got to know that wp_cron is not properly set up. I've attached screenshot for your confirmation. :slight_smile:

WP_CRON is used by our snapshot plugin to take backup based on interval settings specified by you. There are some ways to disable it. First most widely used way is directly disabling its functionality by specifying constant named DISABLE_WP_CRON in wp-config.php and setting its value to true. Here is how it is disabled.

//This will disable wp_cron functionality.
    define ( 'DISABLE_WP_CRON', true );

Sorry for too much theory. :slight_smile: I hope you won't mind. Here is how you can enable it.

#1 Open wp_config.php file.
    #2 Make sure you have set DISABLE_WP_CRON constant value to false.
    #3 If you don't see DISABLE_WP_CRON constant anywhere in wp-config.php file, just paste this at the end of wp-config.php file.

//This will enable wp_cron functionality.
    define ( 'DISABLE_WP_CRON', false );

This will enable cron functionality for your site. And our snapshot will start working like champ. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you and if this doesn’t solve your problem you are welcome to ask further assistance.

Regards,
    Milan Savaliya
    Support Staff ( WPMUDEV )