[Snapshot] Can't run a back up I keep getting error 524.

I am backing up the images from my site. But I'm getting error 524.

• Mohammad Sharab
    • Staff

Hello educms,

hope you are having a great day.
    I've pinged our devs regarding this issue, and they responded back that at the time being Snapshot can’t handle such big back up 20 GB as it needs a lot of resources ( we can't calculate how much since that's system dependent) and we are always improving Snapshot to use as low resources as possible on each release.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Sharab

• Mohammad Sharab
    • Staff

Hello educms,

hope you are having a great day.

Since WordPress plugins use PHP to perform backups of your site they will require a lot of resources to finish the process and I'm not sure which and if any plugin will be able to create such a large backup for you.

The best approach would be checking if your hosting provider is offering server-side backups or not, as it would be the safest approach.

Another way would be to back up your files manually by creating a zip from cPanel/SSH.

To manually backup your wp-content/uploads folder from cPanel:

- Navigate to your wp-content/uploads folder in the File Manager of your cPanel.
    - Select the folder then click Compress
    - A pop up will appear. Select .zip Archive then click Compress File(s).
    - After a compressed folder is created you can download it or move it to your backup destination.
    - Once the download is complete, remember to delete the .zip file as it’ll take up unnecessary space on your server.

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Sharab

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.