Snapshot continuosly failing restore

Hi, i'm trying to restore a database to a new server. But i keep getting errors:

It always stops at 96% (rows 255000/265955) and outputs: An unknown response returned from Snapshot backup attempt. Aborting. Double check Snapshot settings.

Please i urgently need to restore this.

Thank you

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Nunuu

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

The last one is just a notice, that should not affect anything.

As you are restoring database, this is difficult to guess what the reason is. Do you have same version of mysql in both server?

What is your memory limit? Is it a shared hosting?

And did you try to skip some tables during back up and restore those tables by exporting from phpmyadmin?

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Nunuu
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Its a Cloud VPS with 16GB memory so i gues im pretty much covered.

Hmm, good question, i think they are not the same Database version, but why should this be the cause?

Looking at the type of error it keeps generating i think there is something about the $unserialized = @unserialize( $value ); found on line 1832 / snapshot_utilities.php - something to do with the url replace.

The restore it self works and it hangs when replacing the urls.

Isn't there any other alternative to "unserialize" i have never worked with that function before so i can really tell. I tried "stripslashes($value)", but no success, now trying to recalculate using: "preg_replace('!s:slight_frown:\d+):"(.*?)";!se', "'s:'.strlen('$2').':\"$2\";'", $value);".

Any suggestions? The most important table is what's hanging "_postmeta"

Thank you

• Nunuu
    • Flash Drive

Ok, so no success.. i don't what to do, if to try another backup plugin.

This seems not to be working since october, i don't know.

phpmyadmin is not an option as it's quite a big database with almost 23000 posts.

Can you please help?

Thank you

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Nunuu

I hope you are well today.

That's an improvement :slight_smile:

Now, can you export _postmeta table from one database and import into another database?

First click on _postmeta table, then click on Export menu and save as a file.

To import, click on import menu, select the file you just saved and upload.

Please check screenshots.

Let us know if that works for you.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.