Snapshot destinations

Hi folks, I tried to set up Snapshot Pro on my site, and to set up my Google Drive. The instructions no longer match the google page for credentials but I was able to stumble through until I tried to paste the link displayed as the "redirect URL" When I pasted that link into the google Authorized redirect URL. Google won't accept that address:
Origin URIs must not contain a path or end with "/":

This is the address supplied by Snapshot Pro on my site:
http://www.copperdogpublishing.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=snapshots_destinations_panel&snapshot-action=edit&type=google-drive&item=helen-google

As you can see, there is no trailing / and I pasted this into a plaintext editor to be sure there weren't any stray spaces.

I'd like this to work. I have to say that I have experienced before that WPMU-Dev often has very old support documents that do not reflect even your own updated interfaces, making it almost impossible for advanced beginners to follow. I am not a coder. I need accurate step-by-step instructions to set things up on my own. Then I don't have to bother you in support! It seems to me that keeping your support materials updated would save you a lot more time in answering support queries from people like me. I can do a lot without help if I have good instructions.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
Helen

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Helen, I hope you are doing well today!

Yes,, you are right the instructions need an update, although the Google Project page changed its interface very recently.

In order to upload the site's backup to Google Drive, you need to create a Google Project and generate Google API credentials.

Edit the Google Drive destination, and insert the credentials as it is shown in the attached screenshot:

- Go to the Google Project Console
    https://console.developers.google.com/project

- Add a new Project. If you add a new project you will see a popup. Enter a project name.

- Once the Project creation is completed go to the API Manager / Library. From there, click on the Drive API, and enable it.

- Next, go to Credentials section. Click Add New Credentials > OAuth 2.0 client ID.

- In the popup select the Application Type as Web application.

- In the field Authorized redirect URI copy the value from the Redirect URI field to the left. Then click the Create Client ID button.
    Here is your Redirect URI
    http://www.copperdogpublishing.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=snapshots_destinations_panel&snapshot-action=edit&type=google-drive&item=helen-google

Once you save it on the popup window you will see Client ID & Client Secret. Copy and paste this information in the Snapshot > Destination > edit Google Drive destination. ( As it is shown at the first screenshot above).

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Helen
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I deactivated Snapshot temporarily because there is another problem with Marketpress which support is working on. I will try this later, but I'm fairly certain the steps you are showing are the ones I took in trying to set up Google Drive. I was able to connect dropbox with no problems though, so I did do one full backup of the site before I deactivated. I will let you know how it went when my MarketPress checkout goes back online and I can reactivate snapshot.
    Thanks
    Helen

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.