Snapshot doesn't complete

I installed Snapshot Pro, and tried my first snapshot. Programmed it to save locally and to Google Drive. However the penultimate step did not complete... the files section stooped at 89% on plugins. The error message was "Gateway timeout. The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application."
In addition the Wordpress installation timed out and I was asked to log-in again. Never happened before. I repeated the attempt and both times, after ending at 89%, the site logged me out.
Thanks, peter

• Vaughan

Hi,

a 0 in max_execution_time means infinite. But they could be limiting it in other ways.

If your site is very large (has lots of files and possibly some large files) then snapshot may not be able to manage it depending on server specs, especially with shared hosting.

You can try changing to pclzip.

define('SNAPSHOT_FORCE_ZIP_LIBRARY', 'pclzip');

ap_pass_brigade failed with error 103: Software caused connection abort

This does suggest a script timeout though.

Sometimes you can adjust php settings by adding a php.ini file, you might need to ask your webhost about that tho.

Incidently tho, if the reason you're using snapshot is to backup before updating wp, you could just do an export of your DB in CPANEL as a backup, or your CPanel should have a backup feature you could use (CPanel backups are a lot more reliable)

Hope this helps