Snapshot doesn't have option to schedule

Hey guys, I've installed snapshot on my server but I am not able to schedule my backups. In system info the plugin says that I have WP_CRON enabled and the website has a huge traffic everyday. Also, the backups are not being sent to Dropbox, it keeps on "pending" status. What should I do?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings superteiacms,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with the Snapshot plugin.

Hey guys, I've installed snapshot on my server but I am not able to schedule my backups.

What is the indicated backup interval that is scheduled in the "When to Archive" in a created snapshots settings?

But the system clearly indicates that you are running a version of Snapshot that is so far behind - pre-WordPress 3.5 - and now I see that you have not updated your WordPress version either.

Please update to the latest versions and let me know if the issue persists - minimum the latest version of Snapshot.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@superteiacms, I'm looking into the code for this. This is second report of a similar issue on the last week. Typically Snapshot will hide the scheduling options from that dropdown because from its checks it thinks you have WP_CRON disabled.

Let me review and I'll get back to you.

One last thing. Can you manually check your wp-config.php and make sure you don't have a line which looks like the following

define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true);

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@superteiacms, I just double checked the code logic on my own site and the schedule options are only hidden IF you have the define setup either in your wp-config.php or some other plugin. My panel looks like the attached screenshot. Showing the message in red. I'm assuming you are not seeing this.

What other plugins are you running? I've seen some other cron type plugin disable the scheduling options added by Snapshot.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@superteiacms,

in my wp-config I have WP_CRON enabled explicity

For clarification can you please provided exactly what you have for this from your wp-config.php?

in the System Info I see that Snapshot considers WP_CRON as enabled

Yeah, I'm confused on this issue. Again, what other plugins are you running? Any plugin that might effect the WP scheduling?

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Also to provide more details as to why I'm asking about other plugins. When Snapshot goes through the init process like any other plugin/theme is registers these scheduling options with WordPress. This is the only way to get WordPress to recognize the schedule intervals.

There are some plugins out there (believe it or not) that do thing wrong and will end of removing all scheduled intervals from WordPress.

That of provide me access and I'll see what I can uncover. Save the back and forth thread messages.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

From your wp-config I don't see any reference to 'DISABLE_WP_CRON' But can I get you to just add this specifically to your wp-config just after the WP_DEBUG line 86

define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', false);

This will prevent some other plugin from defining the disable.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Yes and no. Basically as I stated Snapshot will register its custom intervals with WordPress. Then there is a function wp_get_schedules() ( http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_get_schedules) called later by Snapshot to obtain an array of all the registered interval. From this array Snapshot just loops and builds the elements of the drop down.

At this point I'm really not sure what to suggest. I'm not ruling out Snapshot just I can't see from the code what would prevent the output. I can provide a version of Snapshot that has some extra debug output.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings superteiacms,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.