Snapshot error creating a backup

Hi, I was trying to create a backup using snapshot and I got this error message:

Other kind of backup error

And this is my log file:

[Remote][2017-02-22 04:38:40][Warning] API connection to get-token returned non-200: 401
[Remote][2017-02-22 04:38:40][Warning] Unable to get fresh token
[Remote][2017-02-22 04:38:40][Warning] API connection to register-settings returned non-200: 401
[snapshot][2017-02-22 14:43:16][Warning] There was an error processing the files
[snapshot][2017-02-22 14:43:38][Warning] There was an error processing the files
[snapshot][2017-02-22 14:43:45][Warning] There was an error processing the files
[snapshot][2017-02-22 14:43:47][Warning] There was an error processing the files
[snapshot][2017-02-22 14:43:49][Error] Error processing manual backup: unknown:unknown
  • Rupok

Hi Manny Costales,

So sorry for the inconvenience you were having. Can you please tell us when did you try to create the backup? Were you trying to create regular backup or managed backup?

I can see API connection error on your error log. We had a server issue yesterday but that was resolved last night. If that caused this issue, then it should be gone now. Can you please try again and let us know what happens now?

If the same error occurs, can you please try resetting your account API key from this page and then try again? https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/account/

If nothing above helps, would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Manny Costales,

Thanks for granting Support Access. I logged in and tried to create a snapshot on your site and it was created successfully without any issue. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Can you please check and confirm?

What is the difference between backups and snapshot?

A snapshot is a point-in-time copy of data created from a set of markers pointing to stored data and is effectively a backup. Snapshots provide a variety of approaches that can supplement backup and provide rapidly accessible copies to which is it possible to roll back.

Why I can't send the snapshots to your cloud server?

Our cloud storage that comes to your account is a managed space, so you can create "Managed Backup" from the Managed Backup section of the Snapshot plugin which will be stored in our cloud server.

is there a way to connect them again without login into their dashboard? Because when I try to access the wpmu dev dashboard (on every website) the page keeps loading forever

I'm afraid, there is no other way to connect your site to the Hub without logging in the DEV Dashboard plugin.

So sorry to hear the inconvenience about the login page loading issue. I just logged in to the DEV Dashboard plugin on my test site without any issue after resetting the API. So I think, this is your site specific issue.

Sometimes, it may take a little bit time to update the information. Can you please try after sometimes and check if you can login fine? If you are still getting this issue, please let us know. We will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.