Snapshot Error: Manifest data not found in archive.

I am having trouble migrating our dev site to our www. I have created numerous snapshots, but when I attempt to scan and import the snapshot I receive an error.

Error: Manifest data not found in archive.

I have tried downloading and then uploading the file to the server via FTP. I have also set up a destination so that the snapshot of the dev site that we are migrating to the www is saved directly in the snapshots folder on the www. However, I receive the same error message, Manifest data not found in archive. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

Michael

  • Sajid

    Hi @Michael,

    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

    Thanks for granting support staff access right away. I tried to download zip archive and its downloaded successfully (snapshot-1450363879-151218-085656-dc6de181.zip (110.18M) ).

    So it means the archive is being created successfully there is something wrong with scanning and importing.

    Could you try the solution here in this post. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/snapshot-manifest-error-continues-to-keep-occurring?message=closed#post-683043

    Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

    Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

    Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

  • Mtwo

    I changed permissions on the file and am able to import. I have a follow up question.

    I am migrating the site we created on our dev.domain to our http://www.domain and simply wanted to confirm a couple of things as it is different than the tutorial. For "what tables to restore", should I select all and then not include users and usersmeta? The first option, Restore all blog database tables contained in this archive, does not indicate (excluding global tables users & usersmeta) like the tutorial. Also, do I need to include .htaccess & wp-config.php files for this type of migration? Please confirm as I am still getting errors along with what I need to do to fix this.

    ERROR: Unable to locate table restore file from archive: cms_commentmeta.sql

    Thanks.

  • Nastia

    Hello @Michael, I hope you are well today!

    Please accept my apologies for late reply.

    For "what tables to restore", should I select all and then not include users and usersmeta? The first option, Restore all blog database tables contained in this archive, does not indicate (excluding global tables users & usersmeta) like the tutorial.

    When you make a backup with Snapshot, in "What tables to archive" section you should check on Include selected database tables in this Snapshot and then Select All tables.
    In the What Tables to Restore? section select Restore selected database tables option and click on Select All tables. You should select all tables, including usermeta.

    Also, do I need to include .htaccess & wp-config.php files for this type of migration?

    Yes, you need to include .htaccess and wp-config.php files.

    Do I need to make a snapshot that is smaller if file size to make this work? Can I exclude my uploads folder or other and then upload the directory manually? Do I replace my current folder or add to it? If I do not include this folder in the snapshot, will media files references still be updated to the new location?

    Smaller snapshot file will not make a difference, it is suggested to increase PHP memory limit though.
    How to Increase the Maximum Upload and PHP Memory Limit in WordPress

    You can exclude Media Files, Plugins and Theme files, copy them manually to the new Wordpress directory. The media files references will be updated once the DB restored

    Relevant Information:
    How to move a Wordpress using Snapshot

    I hope this helps!

    Kind Regards,
    Nastia

  • Mtwo

    Nastia,
    I just wanted to say thank you for this detailed reply. It was helpful. I still had some problems with media files and their references. I was not able to successfully backup and restore all media files using snapshot, or via FTP as there was some permission issue that restricted some of the files from being included in the snapshot or downloaded via FTP. I did try changing all permissions, but for whatever reason that did not work. Copied over the media directory via command line, but many files within pages and posts were referencing the dev site. I had to search the DB and replace those references.
    The site has its content and I just wanted to say thank you and resolved, I guess, as the site is up and without error...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.