Snapshot errors on local restore

HI Guys

When I take a snapshot of a site on my live server which is subdomain based and try and restore it on my local server which is folder based I get the below errors:

Undefined index: MANIFEST in ____/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/View/Metabox/Admin.php on line 1682

Site URL:
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in ____/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/View/Metabox/Admin.php on line 1838

Database Prefix:
Notice: Undefined index: MANIFEST in ____s/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/View/Metabox/Admin.php on line 1764

Also the main site is listed twice as the restore blog so it is impossible to restore:
Site URL: __/main_site_name/main_site_name/

I know this is in Bata but thought it may help someone.

Kieran

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Kieran,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I was doing some testing on my end and was unable to replicate this issue when restoring subdomain snapshot to subfolder installation.

Can you tell me if this happens if you try to restore it the other way around, from your subfolder local installation to subdomain live?
    Have you tried with creating snapshot on single local installation?

Are you able to restore snapshots that are created directly on the subfolder installation?

Please let us know of any additional info you managed to find so we can know if this is specific to certain installations.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Kieran

Hi

Thanks for your reply

If this helps: I run sites in subdirectories locally so this multisite install is in a folder within mamp.

Can you tell me if this happens if you try to restore it the other way around, from your subfolder local installation to subdomain live? ::: I can restore fine this way round but I have to do a find and replace to correct all images on the live server after the restore.

Have you tried with creating snapshot on single local installation? ::: I can upload a snapshot to a single site - live server from my local version but have to do a find and replace to correct all images on the live server after the restore. Not so bad as I have always done it this way previous to using your plugin

Hope this helps

Kieran

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Kieran,

Could you upload your snapshot zip file to any file sharing service and send me the download link via our contact form so I could try restoring it on my local installation and see if it's specific to your installation.

You can send me your download link using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Download link
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Please make sure to send it over contact form and not paste the download link because snapshot can contain sensitive information you don't want to share :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for sending in the file, I have tested in on my installation and was unable to replicate the issue you are having, I made a short video of me importing it on my installation and you can see it finishes without any issues: http://screencast.com/t/tt3d93Ph

Since this is in your local installation it's hard to debug it as we can't access it and we didn't had such report before.

Can you give us some more info about your local installation setup, like which PHP version are you using, are you using MAMP, WAMP, XAMPP or something else etc.

Also, have you tried creating another WP local multisite and see if it works there?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Kieran

Hi Predrag

Thanks for your help

Odd thing? But when I followed your steps exactly I did not get the PHP errors and the restore worked this time. This is odd as I did the test 3 times previous and got the PHP errors each time.

So all working now, not sure why? but hey all is good :slight_smile: if I come across the issue again i will try and get more details as to why it occurs.

Thanks very much for your great support!

kieran

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.