Snapshot failed to restore your website package

i'm trying to restore a site but it fails, this is the error shown:

Snapshot failed to restore your website package in "Restoring tables" phase
Reason: Unable to restore table 'wo_comments' from '/tmp/si_test/wo_comments.sql' because Table 'wordpress.wo_comments' doesn't exist

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Christopher

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the backup and run some tests and what exactly is happening here is that: the snapshot-installer takes the "wo_comments.sql" file that contains an SQL query that should create a db table. That query, however, is breaking due to the "Invalid default value for comment_data" error. As a result, the table is not create so in a next step the installer is not able to restore the table data into the table - because that table doesn't exist.

However, while I can see what is happening, I'm not exactly sure why. The error usually happens in case of a db structure incompatibility. There is a way to sort that with some additional operations on the DB (if you do have "full privileges" as a user) on an already existing table but here the table is not existing since it cannot be created due to this error. I know it sounds a bit "twisted" but I believe you understand what I mean.

Having that said, I have reached out to our developers for help on this so they could help us fix that and also check snapshot-installer code as this seems like something that might need to be additionally addressed in the script code for future too.

Please keep an eye on this ticket and we'll update you here as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Konstantinos Xenos

Hi Christopher ,

Could you tell me if the backup came from the same server or if you've changed / migrating ?

I'm asking because usually this error shows up on databases using strict mode and "NO_ZERO_DATE" settings. So if you're migrating from a different server it might be due to database differences. The same rules apply for values of null and ''.

If you want you can provide access to me so I can help you by manually restoring your website depending on the current system that you're running.

You can send me the information needed to take a look and help you, privately via our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question by following this example:

Subject: "Attn: Konstantinos Xenos"

- Admin login ( if Multisite please provide Super Admin details ):
    Admin Username:
    Admin Password:
    Login URL: 

- FTP credentials
    Hostname:
    Username:
    Password:
    Port:
    Key-File ( and password ) if needed

- Database credentials:
    Hostname:
    Username:
    Password:
    Database:

- Server Admin ( CPanel / Plesk )
    Username:
    Password:
    Login URL:

- Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs -or- information regarding the issue that was not included in this thread

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.