Snapshot file:media at 0% abort

When I try to make backup using snapshot pro, everything goes smooth until it reaches the "File".

It stops there, the progress bar stays at 0% the whole time, then after some time it gives me an error like it was trying to use the "Search" and found nothing, and the only option left is to abort there.

So my question is, the rest of the backup was saved, just the media was left out?
If that's the case, how do I backup the media?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello ryuuu,

I hope yo're well today and thank you for your question!

It seems like there's a file that's "breaking" the process. If you exclude all files from snapshot, does it complete?

If yes, could you then include just "common files" not all and see if that completes too. If it breaks, please enable WordPress debugging by adding following lines to the "wp-content.php" file of your site:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Make sure that these lines are above the "/* That's all, stop editing... */" line and then run snapshot again. After it fails, please access the site using FTP or cPanel's "File Manager" and download the "debug.log" file from inside the "/wp-content" folder.

Rename the file to "debug.txt" please and if it's less than 5MB please attach it to your replay here. If it's bigger, please upload it to some file storage service such as your Dropbox or Google Drive account and share a download link with me here.

Hopefully that will help us identify the issue.

Best regards,

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi ryuuu,

I had a look at your site and see that the snapshot fails as soon as either plugins or media are included in backup, the debug file does show some notices but that shouldn't be causing this.

However I did some similar reports of this notice being shown in debug with sites running WP on GoDaddy, could you get in touch with your hosting provider and ask them to check server logs so we can see if there's any further info we could get from there?

Best regards,

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Nick,

Can you start new thread or chat with this issue and grant support access so we can have a closer look at this?

This way we can deal with your issue separately as the thread is originally started few months ago and there were some changes in plugin since then, and this way we won't be spamming original poster with email notifications about our responses.

I noticed something after pasting your 'define' codes and got a 500 error.

Nice catch there, looks like Adam made a typo, I've changed his response to fix this and avoid any future confusion.

Best regards,