Snapshot for Multisite

I didn't see this as a feature request yet, so I figured I make it official like. Please update the Snapshot Plugin to work with the Wordpress Mulitsite.

Anyone else want to +1 this?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings troycdunn,

It is my understanding that this was already accomplished in version 3.0.5 though I have not personally tested it yet.

If you check it's compatibility sections it does now list MultiSite as being compatible.

Let me know how it goes if you try it out.

Cheers, Joe

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

troycdunn, Thanks for the reply. As the Snapshot plugin developer I wonder if I can engage you in a bit of discussion about the working definition for 'works on Multisite'. Under even the original 1.0.1 release the plugin did function under a Multisite environment. Meaning the plugin worked like a single site plugin where you needed to enable it under each site. Also the super admin needed to switch to that site to perform the backup.

Under 1.0.2 and later the plugin functions differently under Multiste. Now the interface is only seen under the Network admin area. From there the super admin can select to backup any site individually. You can also schedule regular backups. Plus the backups and meta information are all stored under the primary site instead of being in the options table and uploads folder or each sub site.

So we are getting there. Coming in the next few releases will be support for files. As you may be aware Snapshot only matters with the database at this point. So adding files for a complete backup is heavily requested. After that will be support for remote destinations. Pushing the backup file to Dropbox, Amazon S3, remote S/FTP sites. And next will be full on cloning and migration support. This will provide the ability to migrate a site to/from an existing Single/Multisite.

Best,

Paul

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings troycdunn,

That is correct but significant enhancements have been made to it since that time by the lead developer and now to the best of my knowledge no longer crashes sites as it once did in what seems the distant past - since this time two weeks ago there have been four more updates to the plugin.

However, if it gives you any trouble as always please let us know.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.