Snapshot FTP not uploaded

Using Box FTP as remote destination in Snapshot, although the backups seem to have completed the files never uploaded to the remote destination. Says uploading with some animation when selecting a snapshot.

Although this only happens on some sites in the network.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jason

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked your site and tried to troubleshoot that but I wasn't able to find any culprit, yet. Snapshot logs suggest that backups are created fine but there's no trace of any attempt to upload them, there's no debugging log created and no errors in the error_log on server, while the test connection to the FTP destination works fine.

I'll need a helping hand of our developers on this so I have already reported this and asked them for assistance.

Please keep an eye on this ticket and we'll update it as soon as we get to know more on the case.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Jason

Any news here? I have got all the websites backing up with the exception of two. They are both our larger multisites. One has 18 sites and the other one has 10; however, they are all configured to only backup the sites uploads one at a time which makes the uploads very small. They backup, but none of them are uploading. Seems the common denominator here is that they are multisites with many sites. Let me know if that helps.

These websites are mission critical for us so I really need these backups offloaded.

Thanks!

• Panos

Hi there Jason ,

I did some tests for loging results and it seemed that the cron action was not triggered. I manually triggered the action that wp cron schedule would normally trigger, and it should have sent the ftp files. I tested by using my ftp destination and backups were sent there.

I then went through your wp-config.php and noticed that you have disabled cron:
    define( 'DISABLE_WP_CRON', true );

If there is no reason you need to disable cron you can comment this line out. Sending backups to remote destinations is relied on wp cron schedules so they won't work if cron is disabled.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.