Snapshot Google Drive Destination Instructions OUT OF DATE

Hello - the Google Drive Destination API creation details are way out of date. I cannot find where to get the correct Client ID and Client Secret from within the Google Drive developers console.

Google has updated the Developers Console. Here are the instructions in the plugin:

Instructions
1. Go to the Google Project Console
2. Select existing of Add a new Project. If you add a new project you will see a popup. Enter a project name. The Project ID is not important and can be ignored.
3. Once the Project creation is completed go to the APIs & auth > APIs section. Here you need to enable the Drive API and Drive SDK APIs
4. Next, go to the APIs & auth > Credentials section. Click on the CREATE NEW CLIENT ID button. In the popup select the Application Type as Web application. In the field Authorized redirect URI copy the value from the Redirect URI field to the left. Then click the Create Client ID button.
5. After the popup closes copy the Client ID and Client Secret from the Google page and paste into the form fields on the left.

3. Once the Project creation is completed go to the APIs & auth > APIs section. Here you need to enable the Drive API and Drive SDK APIs

THAT DOESNT EXIST NOW. Please advise on where I find the Client ID and Secret now that Google Developers console has been updated. These instructions are now incorrect and need to be updated.

Luke

• Michael Bissett

Hey @lperrie, Michael here!

You're correct, those instructions will need an update, we'll definitely want to get that sorted!

In the meantime, after going through this on my own test site, here's what you'll need to do (and please let me know if you need me to elaborate on any part of the instructions):

Once inside the dashboard for your project, you'll need to click on the "Enable and manage APIs" link in the "Use Google APIs" tile on the home page. That'll take you to the Overview page for the API Manager.

From there, you'll want to search for the Drive API via the search box provided on that page, and enable it.

Once you've done that, you'll want to click on the "Credentials" menu item on the left side of the page, and create a new set of credentials via the "New credentials" dropdown, choosing the "OAuth client ID" option.

Set the Application type to "Web application", enter the domain for your site in the "Authorized JavaScript origins" field, and enter the redirect URI provided by Snapshot in the "Authorized redirect URIs" field.

Once you've saved it, you'll see a popup containing the Client ID and Client Secret, copy those & paste them into Snapshot.

Proceed on from there, and you should be all set! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• lperrie

Hey man - thanks so much for the quick, helpful response. This has been a much better experience than another support ticket I have out that I just can't get answers on.

One quick follow up question - when I choose the "Include common files" radio button under "What Files to Archive?" does that save ALL files, including every directory? If not, how do I set it to always save ALL files and the ENTIRE database in every snapshot?

Last question - my latest snapshot came back as Destination: Fail for saving the snapshot Google Drive. Everything was successful during the setup, so I'm not sure why it failed syncing to Google Drive. Is there an error log or a troubleshooting guide somewhere?

Thanks!

Thanks!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @lperrie, glad to hear that those instructions helped! :smiley:

One quick follow up question - when I choose the "Include common files" radio button under "What Files to Archive?" does that save ALL files, including every directory? If not, how do I set it to always save ALL files and the ENTIRE database in every snapshot?

The "Include common files" option saves the following:

- Your themes
    - Your plugins
    - And everything inside of the /wp-uploads/ folder in your WordPress install

The only files not backed with that are your wp-config.php & your .htaccess files, those are available to be backed up, though, if you choose the "Include selected files" option instead. That's the maximum amount of content that can be backed up by Snapshot, from a file perspective.

From a database perspective, as long as the "Include all blog database tables in this archive" option is chosen, all of your database tables will be backed up. :slight_smile:

As for this:

Last question - my latest snapshot came back as Destination: Fail for saving the snapshot Google Drive. Everything was successful during the setup, so I'm not sure why it failed syncing to Google Drive. Is there an error log or a troubleshooting guide somewhere?

A log file is available for each snapshot created, you'll want to head over to:

Snapshot -> All Snapshots

You'll see the "Latest Log" entry for a snapshot entry on the right side of the page, you can view it in the browser, or download it. :slight_smile:

We'll want to take this one to a separate thread if you're still needing help, seeing as we've tackled the initial question here in this thread. Helps to keep things more tidy that way. :slight_smile:

And hey, thanks for the upvote, always nice to be appreciated like that!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• lperrie

Hey Michael - so man I honestly just have no idea how else to get this other issue resolved. I have another support ticket that was originally submitted on DECEMBER 5. I have reached out multiple times to Luis (the support rep supposedly helping me) and he's just ignoring me completely. He said that he "let the developer know about the bug" and that's all he'll tell me.

I just dont know what to do even at this point. This bug in Popup Pro is holding up 2 separate entire cold email campaigns and product launches. I mean, can someone please help me? I'm begging at this point lol.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.