Snapshot is giving an error

I am trying to create my first snapshot and I get results that do not look good.
Please see image
https://www.screencast.com/t/1fDDQkSzZgZC

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi PTaubman,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

I tried couple of more adjustments in Snapshot but still had no luck in getting it running properly.

I did notice that your debug.log is huge so I renamed it in order to get the new, clean one, created and after just two minutes it had almost 300 lines of errors.

Most troubling one being the one about "WordPress database error" and this would be best discussed with your hosting provider for further investigation, this is the full error:
    WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '0 WHERE meta_key = 'omc_page_sidebar'' at line 1 for query SELECT DISTINCT meta_value FROM 0 WHERE meta_key = 'omc_page_sidebar' made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, wp_widgets_init, do_action('widgets_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, register_theme_sidebars_dynamic

Next, you have couple of warnings in there about advanced-cache.php and I'm not sure where this coming from but you do have quite unusual wp-config.php file and this should be discussed with your host as well because it looks like there are some rules in wp-config.php added by them.

Then there are quite a few notices about undefined constants in your na_default theme and these should be fixed by theme developers, or switch to a theme that's not having all these issues.

All of these issues are slowing down your site and can cause backup not to have enough resources in order to complete the backup process so you should resolve these before continuing.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi PTaubman,

When you have debug log enabled in wp-config.php file then it will create debug.log file inside wp-content folder.

You have old one there that I renamed to debug_old.log since it's already over 200MB, and then debug.log that's a new one that contains only errors starting from today.

Let us know how it goes with backup once these errors are taken care of :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• PTaubman

Greetings!

Just a follow-up. I contacted my hosting company and it appears the real issue was that although my account had plenty of space, the actual server had a disk error and was appearing to be out of space.

That is not to say that I don't have those issues you identified - they still need to be addressed. However, I was just able to complete a backup using Snapshot!

I made a local copy on the server. Is there a way to send it to my DropBox account that is already linked to the domain? Or, do I have to download it, and then upload it to DropBox. It is a 3.5 GB file.

Thanks again!

Be Well.
    Paul.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Paul,

Huh, must say that I never encountered such error before, glad to hear your host was able to catch that!

I made a local copy on the server. Is there a way to send it to my DropBox account that is already linked to the domain? Or, do I have to download it, and then upload it to DropBox. It is a 3.5 GB file.

Managed Backups can only use our servers as remote destination.
    Regular snapshots can use different destinations, like DropBox, AWS and GDrive but with regular snapshots you can only backup one subsite at a time and it doesn't have an option to backup entire network at once.

So I'm afraid that with managed backup you will need to download the file and manually update it to DropBox.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.