Snapshot is not making snapshots

I don’t know why but in the website invisiblearabs.com the automatic backups are just not working. They’re scheduled to run once daily but this is not happening at all.

I can’t see any error log neither.

I’ve already granted access.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Roberto Briceno ,

Thanks for granting support staff access. I created a test snapshot with 5 minutes interval and its creating backup archives successfully and automatically.

Please bear in mind that Snapshot uses WordPress Crone that is not substitute of real cron jobs and not 100% accurate because it totally depends on website traffic. So its 90% accurate even on really busy websites and also you should not run cron jobs on busiest time so its not resource intensive.

In this scenario I will suggest you try real replacing WP Cron with real cron. You can still schedule backups in Snapshot in the same way you do before.

Here is a nice tutorial on setting up real/system cron with WordPress or contact your host for assistance.

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/specialized-help/technical/wordpress/how-to-replace-wordpress-cron-with-a-real-cron-job

Also the other issue can be with memory and execution time. As your site keeps getting bigger it needs more resources to create a snapshot. Please try to further increase the memory and execution limit as described in this article and then check again.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance

Cheers,

Milan

• Roberto Briceno
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I think I’ve found the issue but i don’t know exactly how to solve it.

When I’m trying to make the full backup manually then, as soon as it begins with the media folder this is the message that it spits:

ERROR: PcLZIP file:media/2012/02 add failed -10: Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

you can see the an screenshot here: Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature [code -10]

[code -10]

you can see the an screenshot here: Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

[code -10]

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Roberto!

Could you please just for testing purpose try to switch to a “ZipArchive” option on “Snapshots -> Settings” page in “Compression Library” section?

I’m suggesting this because I’d like to find out whether it’s related to the folder indicated in this error message or to the compression functions.

Keep me updated, please!

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Roberto!

Since the backup was created fully this time it would mean that there may be some issue with pclzip library on your server. I would however stick to the ZipArchive option then and it should all be good now (regarding this particular issue).

As for snapshot working when triggered manually only.

For further troubleshooting please follow this steps:

1. Install and enable WP Crontrol plugin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-crontrol/

2. Add these lines to your site’s “wp-config.php” file:

define(‘WP_DEBUG’,true);

define(‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’,true);

3. Set snapshot to run automatically (I’d suggest “high frequency” setting) and wait until two or three expected backups should already be done

4. Access your server via ftp and

– download the “/wp-content/debug.log” file

– rename it to “debug.txt”

– attach it to your post here

I’ll then review debug.log and access your site again to check cron settings. Hopefully we’ll be able to identify the main culprit.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.