Snapshot is returning site temporarily unavailable

When I ran a Snapshot backup, it gets stuck then gives me:

'This site temporarily unavailable'

Please see the screenshot:
https://cdn.livechat-static.com/api/file/v2/lc/att-old/8801096/d127e91858a66d0bbe540389e596e6b4/download.png

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Mike

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and run some tests on it and I"m afraid it's a server-side issue mostly. There seems to be very strict limit on I/O (input/output operations). Basically, it means that there's a limit on file read/write operations and that's what is getting in a way.

A backup process requires a lot of such operations and while I was testing it while checking the cPanel at the same time, I noticed that this limit is being reached and that's when the backup fails. I was able to successfully perform a 'db-only" snapshot but that's a lot less of file reading/writing and the data "chunks" themselves are much smaller. The files part however - that's a bit different and there's no simple way to overcome this.

Furthermore, I've seen this before on some shared hosts and usually a working solution was to "split" backups to multiple smaller backups: a snapshot of db tables only, a snapshot of files other than media files and a snapshot of media files only. This usually helps but, apparently, not in this case as the aforementioned limit is very strict.

I'm not sure exactly how your host treats that but would you be able to get in touch with them and ask them whether it's possible at all to increase I/O Usage limits for you and if so if they could do it? To be honest, it's rarely possible on shared hosts but sometimes it is so it's worth a shot as it would be the most reliable solution.

If it turns out not to be possible, let me know and I'll consult this with our developers to see if there's anything else that could be done on our end.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.