Snapshot is taking the backup but isn't uploading on Dropbox

I am trying to backup my site but it seems like backup is made properly but isn’t uploading to dropbox. I have tried updating API and reset the connection but no luck.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Dan,

I can confirm the snapshot to the local server does work. On further troubleshooting the issue on your website, the issue seems to be related to Cron being disabled. For Snapshot to send the backup to Dropbox it requires cron to trigger to make this work.

I activated the WP Crontrol plugin, and manually ran the “snapshot_remote_file_cron” cron job, and the snapshot got sent to the Dropbox destination.

Could notice you have the following line of code added in wp-config.php file:

define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true);

Which disables the default WordPress cron. I don’t see any server side cron jobs enabled for the crons to work. Any specific reason to disable the Cron via WordPress?

If not, you can remove the above mentioned line in wp-config.php file, or switch to server cron as mentioned in the following article, and it should work fine:

https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/wordpress/real-cron-job/

Please do let us know if you have any further query. Have a nice day ahead.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Dan
    • New Recruit

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for looking into this. WP_cron has been disabled well before the backups stopped working (performance issues!) so thats odd. But now I have enabled it the upload to dropbox has worked.

Thanks,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.