Snapshot keeps on "Pending" when trying to Restore

I am trying to migrate a site to a new host. I was able to export and import the .zip file successfully. When I go to All Snapshots and choose restore, I have no options for installing. No links pop up like in the other view, and the statuses are Archives: Pending; Destination: Pending. It has been like that for hours.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello DB,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Could you please provide me with a detailed step by step description of what you exactly did to move the site? I'd also like to take a closer look at your site's setup so it would be great if you could grant me a support access to it.

In order to do this, please follow this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• DB
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi, Adam!

Thanks for your help. I followed your "How to Move a Wordpress Site Without Hassle with Snapshot" article that you all published on October 14, 2015. The only place I deviated was on the importing step - the backup .zip file wouldn't import from my link to Dropbox, so I had to load it onto the server manually and then import it into Snapshot.

Support Access has been enabled.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi DB,

Looks like your snapshot was not imported completely or properly, when you go to list of your snapshots there's archive name in far right column and that archive should be downloadable link which is not the case on your site.

Could you upload your snapshot like any file sharing service, like dropbox, and send me download link as well as your FTP login so I could have a closer look at this?

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Snapshot archive download link
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi DB,

Thanks for sending those in, while I was checking this again I noticed that the zip is now downloadable from Snapshots panel and the restore link looks like looking fine, did you import the snapshot again?

You should be able to restore your snapshot now normally.

Let me know if you're having some additional questions.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• DB
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The file name and size of the .zip file that I can restore doesn't match the filename of the file I saved to Dropbox, so I think that Snapshot may have backed-up the site as is without restoring anything. I still need to be able to restore the file that I want migrated from the test site. I'm going to try to completely remove the plugin and start from scratch.

• DB
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK... so after I completely deleted and reinstalled everything, I now have the correct file loaded that I want to restore, AND I have the links (download, restore, delete, resend) showing up.

BUT the Archives and Destination status still say "Pending". What do I need to do?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi DB,

The pending status is left from the main site you created snapshot on meaning that the file was not uploaded to external location like dropbox.

You can still restore the snapshot on your new site as it has nothing to do with the pending status anymore now that's imported to your site.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• DB
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Just to recap for anyone who may be looking through the archives - to get the correct results I followed the "How to" guide to the letter, EXCEPT I didn't use Dropbox. I saved the .zip from the original site and then used an FTP client to manually load it into the wp-content > uploads > snapshots folder. Dropbox seemed to be what was causing an issue for me.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.