[SNAPSHOT] managed backup issue

I have set up managed backup to keep the 5 last backups. There are 8 in HUB, but this is related to automate settings in HUB (Auto backup before every update).

Main issue is that I have also host backup which make this backup as 12GB.
Managed backup say: 350MB.

During the chat we notice files from managed backup are not delete after sendto wpmu cloud.
Any way to check what could cause this?

• Nithin

Hi Jason Winter,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

During the chat we notice files from managed backup are not delete after sendto wpmu cloud.
    Any way to check what could cause this?

Just to be sure the Managed Backups isn't getting deleted in the server once uploaded to WPMU DEV Cloud? If yes, I'm not able to replicate the issue in your system.

I checked the server and went to /wp-content/uploads/snapshot folder path, and I'm not able to notice any Managed Backups present in there.

There is only one Snapshot zip archive present in the above folder, which is part of the Snapshot created with the local server as the destination, under Snapshot > Snapshots page.

I ran a new Managed Backup in your website, and I could notice it being listed in the /uploads/snapshot folder. However, once the backup process reached 100%, the Managed Backup got uploaded to the WPMU DEV Cloud without any issue.

Please check, and advise if you have any further query. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Dimitris

Hello there Jason Winter,

hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Files listed under the wp-content/uploads/snapshot/_backup/ folder are temporary backup parts which should have got deleted after a backup process is over.
    Latest Snapshot versions include more checks for this matter, you should also be getting a notification in the wp-admin area if a managed backup is finished but was unable to upload to our cloud servers.
    Feel free to delete these files manually via (S)FTP and if this happens again in future, please do report it back to us to further investigate it.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.