Snapshot Managed Backup not working

Getting 500 internal error with creating new Managed Backup and with re-uploading. The existing failed managed Backup. Please check the chat notes.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello bruno

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and it seems that the main issue here is actually an upload stage. The error happens when I try to “re-upload” the backup but also the entire backup process fails only at the “upload” moment – other than this, entire managed backup process goes fine (I tested it) and creates backup file.

Once the plugin tries to upload it to The Hub – regardless whether it happens automatically or is triggered by using “re-upload” option – it fails. However, WPMU DEV Dashboard (which I updated to most recent version) shows that connections to API are fine and there’s no errors related in error/debug logs.

That being said, I need to consult that with our developers so I’ve passed all the case description along with my tests results and findings and site access credentials to them. They’ll investigate it more and I hope they’ll be able to find the reason for that issue.

Please note: our developers are dealing with a lot of complex stuff on daily basis so their response time might be slightly longer than ours here on support forum but we’ll update you here as soon as we get to know more from them so please keep an eye on this ticket for further information.

Best regards,

Adam

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hi bruno,

I hope you are well today!

Regarding your issue, our developers are already working on this. In the meantime, can you try creating a mu-plugin with the code given below?

<?php
    function wpmudev_snapshot_custom_size_increment() {
    return 15 * 1024 * 1024;
    }
    add_filter( 'snapshot_model_transfer_part_size_increment', 'wpmudev_snapshot_custom_size_increment' );

This splits the upload process into smaller chunks so the server can properly handle it as it was timing out. To create a mu-plugin, go to wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If there is no mu-plugins folder then, create one. Now, inside the mu-plugins folder create file with name anything.php (make sure file extension is .php).

You could find more about mu-plugins from this link https://wordpress.org/support/article/must-use-plugins/

or you can paste it in your child theme’s functions.php file.

Please note, I added the custom code to new MU plugin “snapshot-reduce-transfer-chunk-size.php” that you can see in wp-content/mu-plugins folder. So now the Snapshot managed backup is working as well.

Kind regards,

Tho Bui

• bruno
    • New Recruit

Hello again, its bruno here,

I’m having another issue again, i talked to the support team by your LiveChat, but they said to me come back here to leave a reply to see if you can help me again with this issue, because you guys already solved so you know what exactly was happeing.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Bruno

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.