Snapshot & Managed Backups fails

: I have a Multisite setup for which I was trying to setup a staging environment. I tried using Shipper, but it failed and will attempt to use it again when Beta 11 is released.
I tried using Snapshot and Managed Backups and both fail to complete on the site.

The max_execution_time is set to 300 and Memory limit is set to 512M, but still the issue persists.

Can you please help me complete my backups and set up a staging environment.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Jacqui

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have checked the site and I think this might be related to backup settings - specifically the backups from other plugins. I noticed that there are some huge files from Duplicator Pro and Updraft. Whenever multiple backup plugins are used, it's better to exclude backup folders of all other plugins from each one. So: exclude Duplicator Pro and Updraft backups from Snapshot, Snapshot and Updraft backups from Duplicator Pro and so on. Otherwise it's causing sort of "inception" which can escalate to the point beyond control in no time :slight_smile:

That said, I've excluded those backup folders from Managed Backups (on "Snapshot -> Settings" page) as they were not excluded yet and tried to run managed backup manually. It seemed to be going fine but since it's taking a long time I wasn't able to wait for it to fully complete so I scheduled it to run daily at 1am (additionally, running in background should case a slightly less load on server).

Could you please check Managed Backups on site again no earlier than 5-6AM (1AM + 4-5 hours) or even later - so plugin would have time to process backup and upload it (which also might take time) - and let me know here if it completed? In case it didn't, I'll investigate it further.

Please note: troubleshooting that kind of issues might, unfortunately, be time consuming but hopefully it would work now :wink:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.