Snapshot Migration not working properly with a database

I have used Snapshot migration successfully for a long time. Easy as pie. But now that I have a site with a searchable database function, I’m finding Snapshot to be buggy.

I exported a Snapshot, imported and restored, and everything works fine except the search results are not displaying. The database table was imported, but it’s not working.

Can someone help me figure out what my option is to get this to function properly as Snapshot is supposed to now be a backup, and it is NOT actually backing up reliably and that should be considered a bug.

I was told by support that this plugin function is in “beta”, which if is the case then calling Snapshot a backup is very misleading and dangerous for users to rely upon it.

Thanks!

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi Smithwood

Hope you had a wonderful day!

Could you please clarify what do you mean by “a searchable database function”? How did you make your Database searchable? Do you use any plugins or any other stuff?

In order to get more information about your issue, we’d need to have access to your site and server. You can send us your details through our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: “Attn: Katya Tsihotska”

-cPanel admin username

-cPanel admin password

-cPanel login URL

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-WordPress login URL

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant URLs

Please use this subject line to ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Could you also describe how can I replicate the issue on your site?

I was told by support that this plugin function is in “beta”, which if is the case then calling Snapshot a backup is very misleading and dangerous for users to rely upon it.

I suppose that my colleague meant that the migration option is beta, not the backup option.

It means that it is not guaranteed to work in all properly. You will need some search and replace in the database to change all the links properly.

Kind regards,

Katya

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi Smithwood

Hope you are doing fine today!

Glad to know that you’ve sorted it out. Could you confirm that the issue doesn’t persist anymore?

If it still persists, then, please follow up my instructions from the previous reply.

If you have any additional questions please let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.