Snapshot & Multisite

Hello,

This domain is a multisite network, how do we get it to backup each site in the network? Currently with the test snapshot I did, it only backed up database details for the network domain itself (nothing from the other sites). Thank you.

• Cave Consulting
    • Google Cloud Partner

Good morning,

This did not help. Snapshot Pro on multisite is not letting have an option to back up individual sites and can't see other site database tables in my network. It only lets me back up multisite root. It does not let me back up database tables for other sites in my network at all.

• Nazmul H. Rupok
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey guys,

Hope you are doing great. Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing with the new version. Yes that's a known issue on the latest version but our developer is working for a fix. Hopefully it will be rolled out very soon. For now, I'd suggest to roll back to earlier version if you need this feature. Make sure to create a full backup of your site before rolling back.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Nazmul

• Stacy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I sure hope this is fixed very soon! I have noticed that the newest group of plugin releases seem not to be as geared toward multisite as in the past. Defender and Hummingbird also seem to only work at the root site, at least I have verified the reporting aspects are that way.

Perhaps with the introduction of the Hub for management of multiple sites WPMUDEV is going to phase out the multisite network support?

Also, how exactly do I "roll back" to the previous version - I don't normally download copies of plugins to keep on hand.

• David
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I agree, it feels that way, and have had similar issues with hummingbird and defender.

De-activate, then delete the v3.1 plugin and reinstall the old version would be the only way to roll-back that I am aware of.

• Cave Consulting
    • Google Cloud Partner

I just started using WPMU Dev the day this new version rolled out. Do you have an ETA on the update for this version that will support multisite and how it will be rolled out? I have no access to previous versions and I am highly against doing that and would prefer to have this current version stable and working for Multisite. Thanks.

• Nazmul H. Rupok

Hi Guys,

Hope you all doing great. I feel your pain and I am really sorry for the inconvenience. I can't give you an exact ETA at this moment but it won't take long I believe. I guess waiting for few days should be fine. And if you want you can roll back to an older backup, perhaps you created with Snapshot earlier :slight_smile:

Hope this makes sense and thanks for your patience on this.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Nazmul

• Cave Consulting
    • Google Cloud Partner

Hello,

A couple of things. I saw there was an update for Snapshot Pro and I was hoping this would resolve our issues, and it does not. It doesn't look like anything has changed. Also when I try to access settings from wpmudev.org which redirects to my domain, it takes me to the page: wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=snapshots_settings_panel and says "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page." In my backend If I click on settings for the plugin it takes me to: wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=snapshot_pro_settings (different) without any errors returned. I setup the multisite, I am a network super admin, and have admin access on all other sites. I am on the trial right now because I just started using this and I really need this to work for Multisite or my company is going to have to start looking elsewhere again for a solution. We need to get this automated and working on multisite. So far, all the plugins you have that we are trying is not working for multisite sub-sites, only the multisite root. If you can get these problems fixed and I get this set up the way I need to, you can happily take our money every month.

• Nazmul H. Rupok

Hey Todd CAve

Hope you are doing great today. If you see the changelog for Snapshot (https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/) then you will see the latest release (v3.1.1.1) is just a minor quick release to fix a glitch. So it doesn't contain any new feature. But I can assure our developers are working for some cool features and those are not ready yet to be released. I hope it will be rolled out soon along with the features we are expecting on this ticket as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
      Nazmul

• webappsupport
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi everyone-
    We had started another thread with support the day the redesign took away the important subsite capabilities of snapshot. (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/snapshot-not-restoring-a-backup-on-a-subsite-anymore#post-1261337)

For those that don't know how to download a version prior to current so as to be able to use the subsite capabilities, Nastia in support provides the details on how to get previous versions on that thread.

Sure hoping the subsite capabilities are restored soon!
    -helen

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey guys,

We have released new version of Snapshot so please update your plugin and the issue should be gone.

P.S. Direct download of plugins like Nastia described is only available for full members, with trial account installation is only possible via WPMU DEV Dashboard and it doesn't provide access to older versions of products.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.