[Snapshot] Need help with a site restore please

I've been trying to restore a Managed Backup but it keeps stalling, and we now can't access the wp-admin due to that.

During a live chat session, we tried restoring the backup externally using the snapshot-installer script, but his a wall there as well: the installer won't work as openbase_dir is enabled on the server.

We tried to set it to disabled in .user.ini & php.ini & wp-config.php, but no luck. I contacted my host then who said it can't be disabled, so we tried setting a custom temp directory for Snapshot to use but cvouldn't get that to work either.

Can you please help get this site restored?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Peace of cake Agency

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I can see that you have provided FTP access and the backup file. The backup file seems to be fine so that's a good news. However, if there's a server-side issue that cannot be solved (as you host already confirmed) we might need to restore the site manually.

Fortunately, the "structure" of the Managed Backup archive allows that but FTP would be a bit to little of access. I can help you with this to restore the site manually from provided Managed Backup archive but I'd need - in addition to FTP - also an info about admin-level access (to be able to check if everything's fine after restoration and troubleshoot potential issues - if there are any) and access to the phpMyAdmin. Preferably, a cPanel access, as this gives also access to server logs etc.

Would you be able to provide me with that info?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send me your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Once I got necessary information from you (and confirmation that you want me to restore the site manually) I'll go on with this and perform the restoration for you.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.