Snapshot not backing up

Managed backup fails after 20% of backing up the site

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Steve,

Hope you're doing well.

I was trying couple of more adjustments to get Snapshot running on your site but it keeps giving me the "Other kind of backup error", and there's nothing in the logs that would at least point us in right direction.

I will need to forward this to our developers to have a closer look, but in the meantime, can you ask your host to check server logs and perhaps something from there could give us some more information about what exactly happens when the process fails?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Steve,

Our plugins are built with compatibility with older PHP versions, including 5.4, however this is really old version and its support ended back in 2015.
    So upgrading to never version is highly suggested, in addition to improving your site security it also increases its performance, which might just be enough to allow Snapshot to finish its thing.

If you do have an option to upgrade to PHP 7.x or at least 5.6 please do so and let us know if the backup process is working after that.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Steve

I hope you are doing great today. I was wondering if you had any chance to follow on my collegue's suggestions above to change the PHP version.

Would you please try that and let us know how it goes. If you still need help after changing your PHP version, please also send us your cPanel (or any control panel) login details so we can check what happens to server resource usage while running a backup as this could be related to server resource limits (usally I/O Usage). We ask for this because there is nothing much we find from the logs we get by accessing FTP.

You may send the cPanel login details via our secure login form, on the contact page choose "I have a different question" then send with subject "Attn: Lindeni Mahlalela" and include the cPanel login url, username and password in the message box.

I hope to here back from you soon.

Have a nice day.
    Lindeni

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.