Snapshot not backing up Media Files

I am getting an Error trying to restore Snapshot backup. Notice: Use of undefined constant self - assumed 'self' in /home2/amberli6/public_html/wp-content/snapshot-installer.php on line 2148
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/amberli6/public_html/wp-content/snapshot-installer.php:2148) in /home2/amberli6/public_html/wp-content/snapshot-installer.php on line 80
Even if I try just to backup media files it won't backup.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Rob,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

I was reviewing your chat but I must say that I'm a bit confused about the actual issue that you're having.

It looks like you and Nastia were trying to backup your current site but that failed on media files.
    That was due to you having both snapshot and snapshots folders inside your uploads folder.
    Issue there is that snapshots is the default Snapshot plugin folder that is ignored when backup is being created but snapshot is not and that folder contains other backup files that are large and that's why the media backup fails.
    You can see that I've created WPMU Test snapshot and in there I excluded snapshot folder as well so that way the backup works fine.

Now, it also seems to me that you're trying to restore one of the snapshots and that gives you an error mentioned above.
    Are you trying to restore them on same site that backup issue is happening on or this is about different site?
    Can you tell me which of the files you're trying to restore because I see you have multiple backups in your snapshot folder?

Also, when exactly do above errors show up, on import or actual restore process?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Rob

Hi Predag thanks for your response -
    To be clear I am trying to restore a site via Snapshot > Backup. The fact is when I try to run the snapshot installer I get the following errors:

Notice: Use of undefined constant self - assumed 'self' in /home2/amberli6/public_html/wp-content/snapshot-installer.php on line 2148

Notice: Use of undefined constant self - assumed 'self' in /home2/amberli6/public_html/wp-content/snapshot-installer.php on line 2148

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/amberli6/public_html/wp-content/snapshot-installer.php:2148) in /home2/amberli6/public_html/wp-content/snapshot-installer.php on line 80

I gave Nastia access to have a play so I don't know what changes were made but there WAS and IS now again a backup file in the root WP- CONTENT folder. It doesn'\t contain media files, it's only 336MB, I am not sure what Nastia was referring to here.

Anything you can think of much appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

• Dimitris

Hey there Rob,

hope you're doing good today and don't mind chip in here! :slight_smile:

As the support access period seems that got expired, could you please re-grant it for us?
    Here's how you can do that via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin (no need to share credentials):
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Just let us know here in your next reply that access has been granted as we don't get any notifications about it.
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.