Snapshot not completing backups

I am having trouble with the snapshot. I get stuck at the end when it is trying to backup Files: Media. It does not progress past 0%. I've read through the support and am unable to fix the problem. I have followed numerous steps in the forums (increasing php_value max_execution_time but still no success).

• James Morris

Hello James,

I hope you are well today. I'll be following up with you regarding your chat.

I've been digging into this issue a bit today and I'm finding some issues that, if addressed, will definitely improve the performance of Snapshot, as well as the rest of your site.

First, and most importantly, I see you're running a very old version of PHP. 5.4.29 to be exact. This version of PHP went end of life quite some time ago and is no longer supported or getting security updates. While we do our best to provide compatibility with older versions of PHP, functionally it's best to run with a currently supported version of PHP.

The oldest currently supported version of PHP is 5.6.31 at this time. I strongly recommend upgrading your instance to this version. If possible, PHP 7.x would be a much better option as it is significantly faster than the 5.x branch.

You can learn more about migrating to a newer version of the Bitnami LAMP stack here: https://community.bitnami.com/t/how-to-update-bitmani-lamp-php-5-6-to-7-0/44676/8

Next, I see in chat that you were not able to adjust your max_execution_time and other PHP directives. This is due to you being on a Bitnami instance. The following link describes in detail how to go about changing these directives. https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/components/php-fpm/

Given the size of your site, I recommend the following values for your instance:

max_execution_time = 540
    max_input_time = 540
    memory_limit = 1024M
    upload_max_filesize = 128M
    post_max_size = 128M

Could you please follow the instructions above to update PHP and the configuration variables, then retest the Snapshot to see if you are still experiencing problems? If this does not resolve the issue for you, please ping us back here and we'll be happy to dig into this issue further for you.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.