Snapshot Not Finishing Backup

Hello,

I am having some trouble with Snapshot and unable to complete a backup. The problem appears to be within Themes and/or Plugins, as individual backups of just those fail when the backup get to the files. I have tried a managed backup as well, but also receive a 404 error. Please advise.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Mtwo

Can you check your servers error logs, and see if there’s anything in there that might be related?

Also, can you try adding the following to your wp-config.php

define('SNAPSHOT_FORCE_ZIP_LIBRARY', 'pclzip');

Hopefully that might work better on your server.

Hope this helps

• Mtwo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello, and thanks for the reply. I added the provided to wp_config and I was able to Snapshots of Themes and Plugins by themselves. However, a Complete Snapshot failed with ‘Error 404’ and stopped on Files: : media/2016/11 @ 77% (files 10/13). The related log entry within debug.log is:

PHP Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded element of WP_Hook has no effect in /home/user/public_html/dev.domain.com/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/WPMUDEV/Dashboard/wpmudev-dash-notification.php on line 58

I did not see any other error logs or similar that would help with this issue. I also attempted a Managed Backup and it failed with a 404 about 1 minute in. While a backup was running, I tried to load the Dashboard in another tab with and Error 500. Any other ideas?

Thanks

• Mtwo

Hello, I hope you are doing well. Snapshot is still having trouble and below is from the end of the Managed Backups Log:

[Cron][2017-01-12 09:27:13][Info] Next process kickstart action scheduled for Thu, 12 Jan 2017 09:32:13 +0000
    [Cron][2017-01-12 09:27:13][Info] Processing backup
    [Queue][2017-01-12 09:27:13][Notice] Fetching [250] files as chunk 34
    [Cron][2017-01-12 11:39:17][Warning] Immediate hook misfired, kickstart backup processing
    [Cron][2017-01-12 11:39:17][Info] Processing backup
    [Queue][2017-01-12 11:39:21][Notice] Fetching [250] files as chunk 35
    [Cron][2017-01-12 13:35:15][Warning] Immediate hook misfired, kickstart backup processing
    [Cron][2017-01-12 13:35:15][Info] Processing backup
    [Queue][2017-01-12 13:35:19][Notice] Fetching [250] files as chunk 36
    [Cron][2017-01-12 15:00:39][Warning] Immediate hook misfired, kickstart backup processing
    [Cron][2017-01-12 15:00:39][Info] Processing backup
    [snapshot][2017-01-12 15:00:40][Info] We have an offending error: unknown:unknown
    [Cron][2017-01-12 15:33:48][Warning] Immediate hook misfired, kickstart backup processing
    [Cron][2017-01-12 15:33:48][Info] Processing backup
    [snapshot][2017-01-12 15:33:48][Info] We have an offending error: unknown:unknown
    [Cron][2017-01-12 15:35:40][Error] Error processing automatic backup: unknown:unknown
    [Cron][2017-01-12 15:35:40][Notice] Other kind of backup error

Individual Snapshots for Themes, Plugins, and the DB have completed successfully. A snapshot of only Media fails and a managed backup has yet to complete. I am not sure what the issue is, but was able to complete all Snapshots on the main www site yesterday. I have granted access to the www site as well, and FTP credentials provided can also access the www directory in case you want to take a look. Please advise and let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Michael

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Mtwo,

There is probably a very large file somewhere, or a file that Snapshot doesn’t seem to want to copy.

I may need to have a look at the files in your media folders.

Can you send your details using the following contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Alternatively you can email direct to contact@wpmudev.org

Mark for attn: Vaughan

Include a ref URL to this thread.

Please include the following details;

– Site login details (super-admin if on multisite)

– FTP login details so I can take a look at the media/heme/plugin files.

Thanks

• Mtwo

Hello, I hope this messages finds you well. I did submit the requested information…Also, I am now having problems with backups on the main site. When I edit a snapshot I see the following error related to the WordPress Cron scheduler (WP_CRON).

Your site has disabled the WordPress Cron scheduler (WP_CRON). When scheduling an archive to be created it may not run. Check your wp-config.php for the DISABLE_WP_CRON define. If found either remove it or set the value to “false”.

I have searched and tried the most frequent recommended fixed without success. Including define( ‘DISABLE_WP_CRON’, ‘false’ ); in wp_config, and I tried WP-Cron Control and added the cron job via cPanel. The scheduled snapshots are not working and only the DB snap works manually.

I added a new Snapshot, “Complete Snapshot 2”, and it failed on Files: : media 8% (files 1/13) with 404 error. What can I do to fix? Please advise.

Thanks,

Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.