Snapshot not finishing it's full backup

Hi
I have a site that I am trying to perform snapshots of, but it continuously fails when I try to do it including files. If I do just the database it works ok.
I have set the memory to 1024mb (which I believe is my limit) and I think it gets a little further but still never completes.

The log is like this:
2014-04-17 09:43:10: Backup: init
2014-04-17 09:43:10: adding new snapshot: 1397691774
2014-04-17 09:43:12: table: wp_commentmeta segment: 1/1
2014-04-17 09:43:13: table: wp_comments segment: 1/1
2014-04-17 09:43:15: table: wp_links segment: 1/1
2014-04-17 09:44:55: file: wp-content/uploads/sucuri/whitelist/60.228.66.239
2014-04-17 09:44:55: file: wp-content/uploads/sucuri/whitelist/index.html
2014-04-17 09:44:56: file: section: plugins

..it just abruptly stops with no error, however the WP admin page comes up with a 404 error page at the top, with the rest of the Snapshot page, below it.

• Paul

@artroom,

My previous reply was not a final solution. More a temporary one to see if in fact you could go through the full backup on all elements. The goal is still to have you run a single backup containing everything.

So how are you running the backups? I'm guess manually since you mentioned the 404 error. Try a large snapshot but instead of manual try setting it to run on a schedule.

What I think is happening is related to your host. When you run a manual backup and see the pretty progress bars behind the scene there are many little AJAX requests from your browser to the server. Some hosts like GoDaddy will interpret these repeated AJAX request as a threat like someone is attempting to hack the site if they are too frequent. So it will briefly stop the site for a few seconds. Enough time to abort the snapshot process.

I non-manual, scheduled snapshot backup does not have this issue since it all runs at the server.

• artroom

Thanks, but still no luck with a large backup via schedule.
    Unfortunately Snapshot itself doesn't reveal any details whatsoever.
    Within the plug in there is no error listed, just the date for the next run changes, indicating it has run, but no archive is created.
    Perhaps some built in error reporting and notification might be useful.
    Backupbuddy (which I have been using, but am trying to cut back on my plugin fees) at least sends and records errors so we users know that something isn't working. Snapshot appears to just ignore the fact that it failed like it's hoping to get away with it ;(

Snapshots error log reveals nothing, but the server's error log shows:[21-Apr-2014 14:45:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 28049408) (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in /home/shitday/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/snapshot_utilities.php on line 513
    [21-Apr-2014 14:45:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 41418752) (tried to allocate 3072 bytes) in /home/shitday/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/destinations/google-drive/Google/Cache/File.php on line 97
    [21-Apr-2014 14:46:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 27787264) (tried to allocate 196608 bytes) in /home/shitday/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/snapshot.php on line 6221
    [21-Apr-2014 14:46:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 41418752) (tried to allocate 3072 bytes) in /home/shitday/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/destinations/google-drive/Google/Cache/File.php on line 97

HOWEVER, these logs are for other scheduled backups, that have finished. There appears to be nothing in the log for the complete backup that just failed.

• Paul

@artroom,

Out of memory errors in PHP are not trappable. Meaning that Snapshot would not be able to report something because at the moment the error occurs within PHP the process stops. Nothing really which can be done about it.

The end result is you need to increase your memory in your wp-config.php http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP or depending on your hosting you have be hitting a hard limit set by your host. In that case you will need to contact them.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.